Mares or Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caringbah:
I have had a FDX10/Delta4 for a few months now, it has taken over from a Scubapro Mk10/Oceanic Omega as my main reg.
When I bought it they didn't have any DIN 1st stages so mine had the DIN adaptor without DVT fitted. There seems to be a problem with the FDX making a noise without the DVT mine is quiet.
I think I have got the adjustments on the Delta 4 sorted out but I dont think that it is any better than the Omega. The lack of a long hose is a drawback. I tried using 2 normal length hoses joined together but it wasn't succesful. I will chase up the adaptor that cerich mentioned. On the whole I think that a standard fitting swivel on the second stage that allowed the use of any hose would be better.
When I get the Omega back from service I will fit it & the Delta 4 to the FDX & try some direct comparissons.
To sum up, FDX10 - great, Delta 4 - still undecided.

I posted the other day that the long hose is now available. You can view my other posts and find it easily.

The "noise" issue is over for awhile now with the DVT.

I'm not sure how you are not finding the Delta a better breathing reg. than the Omega. By adjustments are you talking the knob or tech type adjustments?

Best,

Chris

The side knob adjustment. I am still playing with it and think I am getting closer to the best setting. Hopefully I will get the Omega back this week so I can do a comparison on a 45m dive either on Wednesday or next Monday. Oceanic Australia have got the long hoses on order.

Back
Top Bottom