Mares new limited edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw:
The personalization, the metal strip in the fin, and the numbered edition will not be available after this year. I would like to ask why everyone seems to think they will have to overpay for the product? I keep reading comments where people don't want to pay extra money for personalization. Who said you had to?

If the metal strip in the fin is so good, why not continue it???

detroit diver:
If the metal strip in the fin is so good, why not continue it???

I don't know. Maybe they won't? Maybe it's cost? Maybe the market won't hold a $250 fin for an extended period of time.

$250!!! ouch. I like my quattros and think I will stick to the none metal strip fins. :D

Debraw:
I would like to ask why everyone seems to think they will have to overpay for the product? I keep reading comments where people don't want to pay extra money for personalization. Who said you had to?

I just went and looked at this LM stuff Saturday. Overpay? Maybe I asked about the Grey quatro fins and was told "$250" for the pair. Yike!! Just down the isle are "normal quadros for $80. and some volos for a bit over $100. So $250 is overpaying I'd say. But the store has 30 sets of equipment. So if you like this stuff it will sell out, beter move soon.

For those who have not looked up close the new LM Quattros are different. The plastic rails down the outside edges have a thin section about where a volo would have the hinge. The thin section is filled in with soft rubber. Result is a hint of volo-style hinge action due to the extra flex. I'd call them "volo-like Quatros" or just "soft quatros"

The reg _is_ small I don't know how they fit the parts inside that first stage.
It would light anyone travel luggage by quite a few ounces.

I tried that BC style in the pool. You have to have faith to trust that handle thing in place of the standard setup. It's a semi-jacket with most of the float in the back. Nice if you like it.

The stuff is expensive mostly because it is not being discounted. When compared to the pricves charge for gear here in So. Cal it is about double priced.

Don't get me wrong. It's good equipment. and some people will like it.

Where there is a will there is a way. Shop around.

Debraw:
Where there is a will there is a way. Shop around.

They are discounting already?

ChrisA:
... and some people will like it.

Well said. I've changed my signiture accordingly. thanks for the inspiration

I doubt it, but you never know. "They" are not supposed to but when it comes down to ringing something up in a register no one truly knows what "they" will ring up. Price is what it is. I have fins in my store from $29 to $169. Some of you will say that you will keep your money and not buy the fins. Ok, good for you. Lots of people will buy them for the $249.00. They are that good. This whole thread from beginning to end has been about defending the product. I have been pretty in to posting today but tomorrow it's back to the grind of the scuba shop. I will go back to posting about the fun part of scuba. That's it for me.

Debraw:
"They" are not supposed to but when it comes down to ringing something up in a register no one truly knows what "they" will ring up.
And people wonder why divers hate their shops...

jonnythan:
And people wonder why divers hate their shops...

You know what's weird about that comment jonnythan? I meant it the good way about shops that do discount and you took it the wrong way. My perfect example of the mentality of this thread and looking for everything that's wrong with it and not the good things in it. It's really a no win situation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom