Mares Nemo Air Warranty & Service Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bayliner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone else having problems with the Nemo Air? I sent in a Darwin Air for warranty repairs in Nov. 08. Mares sent me a Nemo Air, and I did my first dive Dec.08. The new computer did not show any air pressure during the dive. I sent this one back, received a second Nemo Air and dove it Jan. 09. After this dive I could not find the final dive pressure when in the logbook mode. Sent this computer back and received a third one Jan. 09. Dove this computer Mar. 3 09. This computer also did not display final tank pressure in the Log Book Tech data page as shown in the Nemo Air manual. There was also a difference in average breathing rate between the Log book Dive Profile and Log Book Thech data page. Also one of the buttons sticks. I have not received a fourth one yet. But after a long talk with the warranty dept I received an email & 3 pictures of the third computer. He claims it was new not refurbished even though the serial #1927 was lower than the first two. And it was tested and he found nothing wrong. The 3 pictures he is trying to convince me with are taken from two different pages... one shows temperature the other two show time{2 different pages}. Anyone else having problems? If this isn't resolved this time, next is the US Consumer Protection Safety Commision. Dive computers have to work as described by the manufacturer.

Bayliner,
I am sorry you are experiencing difficulties. I think part of your issue is translatation. Attached are specific directions to obtain final tank pressure within the logbook function.

Buttons should not stick, this is not normal and the absolute first Nemo Air I've personally heard had this problem.

If the warranty department tells you it was new, then it is new. They have no incentive to deceive you.

It is absolutely possible to have a computer with a lower serial # than your original. Imagine a warehouse with over 10,000 products, while preferred, it is not realistic to expect the oldest always gets picked/packed first.

What was the difference in avg breathing rate?

Where is the computer now, with our service department?

Feel free to PM with your name, phone #, RA# for me to identify your return and speak with our service tech?

Best regards,

Attachments

• Nemo_Air_Logbook_Profile_Instructions(1).xls
    34.5 KB · Views: 151
Zak,

I did send a detailed PM. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I left anything out.

Thanks, Larry

Follow up.

I spoke with Larry. Computer is working properly, this boils down to miscommunication between the manual and the computer. We are working on rewording the manual to be more clear. Larry you will have your computer in hand by tomorrow (UPS).

Thank you for the input.

Hi Zak,
I appreciate the call explaining the problem with the manual. I wish someone would have read it sooner, and saved both of us some aggravation.I am looking foward to getting my computer back today, I will be using it tomorrow.When the manual is corrected please see that I get one, even if it is only a download. I can only expect my computer to do what the manufacturer said it should do.
Thanks, Larry

Bayliner,
I am sorry you are experiencing difficulties. I think part of your issue is translatation. Attached are specific directions to obtain final tank pressure within the logbook function.

Buttons should not stick, this is not normal and the absolute first Nemo Air I've personally heard had this problem.

If the warranty department tells you it was new, then it is new. They have no incentive to deceive you.

It is absolutely possible to have a computer with a lower serial # than your original. Imagine a warehouse with over 10,000 products, while preferred, it is not realistic to expect the oldest always gets picked/packed first.

What was the difference in avg breathing rate?

Where is the computer now, with our service department?

Feel free to PM with your name, phone #, RA# for me to identify your return and speak with our service tech?

Best regards,
Follow up question about the nemo air and finding the final tank pressure. I've only had my Nemo Air for 4 dives. It appears that the Nemo Air logs the dive every 20 seconds and therefor, following your directions I have to step the computer thru 90 clicks to get to the final air pressure for a 30 minute dive. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong. Can the amount of clicks be reduced. This is a big hassel to get to the final pressure. Can you make a software change to give user the ability to do straight to the end of the dive without stepping thru each 20 second log?

I have been going through this for a year now. Sending computers back and having them returned the same way.:shakehead:confused: It wasn't untill March that Mares said the manual was not correct. I did receive a call from Mr Mintz saying he was going to Italy to discuss this problem with Mares engineers. I do hope it can be corrected soon and Mares either repairs or replaces this computer.Back to your question you have to scroll the entire dive profile. And in most cases my dives exceed an hour, I swear the button is going to fall out.:shakehead: The only other thing I started doing was recording my tank pressure at the end of the dive and puting it my log book later. This is definitely not the way a dive computer should work. I am glad the problem is starting to surface and hope a solution is discovered soon. We purchase these items to make diving safe and more enjoyable. If we have to scroll an entire dive profile why not just use a pressure gauge and dive table.

Good Luck

Your feedback is appreciated and noted. We are passing this information to our computer engineers. The positive is we have the capacity to perform any upgrades via the internet in the future. We will keep all posted as the process evolves.

Thanks again,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom