Mares MR12 and MR16 DIN 200BAR assemblies - identical or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adr1an

Contributor
Reaction score
Had a look in the service manual and the numbers listed only differ by 1. (xxx803 vs xxx804) From the outside they look pretty much identical but of course the difference could be on the inside and then again could be very small/ hard to spot.
Does anyone know whether these two parts are identical or not? Thanks in advance for your help.

I just looked up the diagrams and the component parts that are in the complete assemblies, and they are absolutely NOT the same - they are very different.

The MR/V-12 cylinder inlet is inline with the body, and the yoke or DIN is a female threaded part that is attached to a threaded male fitting that extends from and is part of the body.

The MR/V-16 cylinder inlet is on the side of the body, and the yoke or DIN connection is a male threaded part that screws into the female threads that are tapped into the body.

The handwheels are the same part though...

I have a MR16 Nitrox set and want to convert it to DIN but I'd rather do it by buying an old/defective 1st stage that has a compatible DIN assembly. Not sure if there's such thing tho (except for the plain MR16 of course - in which case I'd have just to change a couple of o-rings with Viton)

There may be some confusion to clear up here. If you are in the EU and talking about an MR16 Nitrox version, it sounds like you may have the Nitrox specific DIN connection that only fits the Nitrox specific tank valves per an EU standard. If that is the case, then the more "standard" DIN 200 or 300 connections will NOT fit those same cylinder valves. It kind of sounds like you may be thinking that the only difference between Nitrox and standard versions is the orings, but in the EU you need to be more specific as that may not be the case.

Also, is there any reason you are looking for the DIN 200 and not the DIN 300? The 300 can be used on a 200 valve, but the 200 can NOT be used on a 300 valve, so the 300 tends to be more universal.

Another note is that the actual design of some of their DIN connector bodies has changed over time, limiting some of the options for interchangeability between models. Be careful, don't make assumptions, and strongly consider working through a Mares dealer than can actually contact them with questions for clarification.

And finally, I don't find any of the assemblies or the key individual components listed in the US item list. You may be out of luck.

Jack, there's a confusion here, the Nitrox version is NOT using any special valve cylinder. It is just a regulator set that has some Viton o-rings instead of the regular ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom