Mares Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mares is a quite good and a company on which you can trust.
What I like about them is their innovation in the field of sport diving like air trim systems, HUB's...

I own the Mares Abyss it is a very good reg.
To me the mouth piece is a little to small and there are quite a few bubble interferences ( but I knew about that and still did buy the reg.)

Fa:):):)

SubMariner,
You bet, I'm a Canuck.

Gaucho,
I don't think that I should have a problem finding equipment retail here. The shop that I will eventually buy through is very good. They will find me anything I want.

I am glad to hear good things about Mares. I would like to stick with one company for as much gear as I can, just so that when it comes to service time, I can get it done all at one shop. Since I drive a fair distance to get to a dive shop, this will just make life easier.

Thanks to everyone so far, and keep the comments coming.

Lets see if I understand the bubble interference issues you guys are commenting on: do you mean that the lateral "exhaust" exits are too short so the bubbles sometimes interfere with vison...??

The lateral exhaust T (ports) on my Abyss are noticeably shorter than those on my old Sherwood Blizzard, SOMETIMES resulting in bubble intereference with vision. Not a biggie in most cases, but sometimes a pain when taking u/w photos.

Like Sky, I was aware that this could be a bit of a problem, but elected to go with the reg anyays, because the one CON didn't outweight all the other PROS.

Re: mouthpiece... that's easy enough to fix... just swap it out for another. I did that anyways because I'm used to my other mouthpiece and it was relatively new.

DSDO,

~SubMariner~

OK guys
Everybody a know is telling me : :the mounthpiece of the Mares regulators are to small.
They should change that tto a smaller.
But anywhay this is easy to do yourself

I also would ad that this mounth piece is not rigid enough regarding the traction it has to support...

But that is really playing difficult people...

It breathes so wonderful.

fa:):):)

I have a Mares Northern Exposure BC that has served me well for 7 years/320 dives. It is my first and so far only BC. I also have the Mares Esa mask which I like just fine. Sure, water gets in the mask at times, just like all my other masks of various brands. But with the Esa, the little bit of water collects in the bottom panes instead of in my eyes.

I have a Marse Vector pro BC and i am verry pleased whith it. And if you are planning a hollyday in europe... it is one of the best selling makes on this side of the Atlantic,
you can buy it here in allmost every LDS. I also use a 5mil two peece suit from Mares and it has had about 400 dives now and still no damage on it. I am also thinking of getting a pair of Mares fins as my IDEA 3 have suffred from all those landdives we do over here. All in all Mares is a good brand.
Michael

Hello all,
I'm glad to see that everyone is happy with the Mares line of dive gear. I recently just up-graded all my gear to Mares and I love it. If you are interested in any gear made by Mares at the lowest prices possible, go to Divers Direct.com. They are based out of south Florida and after looking around for months,no one could beat there prices. Happy diving and stay wet...

Originally posted by thompsonbe2001
Hello all,
If you are interested in any gear made by Mares at the lowest prices possible, go to Divers Direct.com. They are based out of south Florida and after looking around for months,no one could beat there prices.

Well...I have seen others that have lower published prices on Mares gear than Diver's Direct. However, Divers Direct are authorized Mares dealers and they state they offer the official full Mares factory warranty like you would get buying Mares products at a LDS even though you are buying online. I wish the other companies would do that.

Look Out... Diver's Direct is not the only company that offers Mares/Dacor at a specified price. Most online stores offer the same price for Mares/Dacor gear for the same price with the same U.S. Manufacturers warranty. It is called MAP (Minimum Advertised Pricing). The lowest price that a dive shop and/or online store can offer the product. That's how you tell the difference between a warrantied and non-warrantied company. If a company offers a lower advertised price online or beyond the store and Mares/Dacor finds out, they have to immediately change the price or face their dealership being pulled.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom