MARES fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NEP1984

New
Reaction score
Well I started a thread about mares masks and now I have a question about fins. I want very long fins with great thrust to wear over a foot, not shoe. It seems to me that the Mares volo race and planta excel are the two best suited for that. Which Mares fin is the longest and has the most thrus for a foot fit. Are there any other brands' models that might be comparable?

Can't tell you which are the longer but I have brand new (still in the plastic shipping bag) Volo Races. I bought them last year when I was in the market for new fins but decided to go the Force Fin route in the end. My wife got the same fin in her size and loves them.

So ...if you decide on the Volo Race after doing your research and you wear a mens size 10.5 (give/take) give me a shout. My pair is the Black with Yellow accent striping and as I said ...they've never been in the water yet.

Nep,
The Volo Race is longer than the Avanti Excel. While the Excel should offer a little more power, the Race will be a little easier on the legs. It really boils down to what is more important. If you want a really long fin in a full foot style, I have to suggest the Sporasub Instinct fin. Sporasub is our freediving and spearfishing brand. The Instinct fin is branded Sporasub but engineered and manufactured by Mares. This fin will offer the most power and thrust per kick stroke compared to our other Mares fins. You can check them out at http://www.sporasub.com/products.php?type=r_fins&region=ALL.

Best,

Zak--Does Mares have any plans to sell its fins with spring straps? I am in the market and would much prefer to buy a pair of fins fits with spring straps by the manufacturer than to retrofit them myself and pay the extra $$.
Larry

Hi Larry,

We do not have any plans to offer our fins with the spring strap. While I understand there is some movement for the spring strap, by far the standard or our ABS buckle and strap system is more widely used. We have developed a new buckle the ABS plus which is being offered on 2 of our fins. For now I'm afraid you will have to acquire the spring straps as an accessory. At least we have a standard post that can accomodate them. :)

Thanks for asking,

Hi,

I assume you are referring to the Quattro Power (full foot). If so the answer is yes. We will be receiving our first shipment of size 40 and 42 (6.5-7.5 and 8-9's) by the 15th of this month. We are anticipating the size 44's 10-11 soon. All in silver color.

Just tried A pair of Mares volo full foot fins in the pool last week and was not impressed seemed to severly lack power I own 5 other pairs of fins and regularly try new products in the pool . Was looking for a new pair of full foot fins and these werent for me.

Zak OHara:
Hi,

I assume you are referring to the Quattro Power (full foot). If so the answer is yes. We will be receiving our first shipment of size 40 and 42 (6.5-7.5 and 8-9's) by the 15th of this month. We are anticipating the size 44's 10-11 soon. All in silver color.

Excellent! My order is in.

NorthernShrinkage: have you tried the Quattro? Lots of power there. To get more power than that, you'd have to go to free diving fins.

have you tried the Quattro? Lots of power there. To get more power than that, you'd have to go to free diving fins.

I concur

Back
Top Bottom