Mares Excite Fin - New for 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dogbowl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Does anyone know anything about the new Mares Excite fin, like how it compares to its famous big brother, the Quattros or its less famous big brother the Superchannels/Avanti 3’s? It also has a Pro version.

Excite Fin

Reactions: mdb
I haven't been able to find anything about them either. I might have to take one for the team and buy a pair.

I haven't been able to find anything about them either. I might have to take one for the team and buy a pair.

Looks like it’s out in Europe and maybe US. Haven’t been able to find them in Canada yet. Saw somewhere it’s being released in spring 2018?

@Scoooter961 , please post back if you get your hands on them! :D

I called my LDS and the lady couldn't find them in the system but I told them that I wanted a paid when they can order them. So I will report back when I hear something. I won't get to really try them out until March 26th when we go to Grand Cayman though.

Just heard back from the owner of the shop and he said "They aren't shipping the excite fin until February some time."

The Excite and the Excite Pro are both briefly written up in the ScubaLab/Scuba Diving Magazine 2018 gear buying issue. They were not included in 2017 fin testing. The Pro model's "fin blade offers a bit more stiffness for divers looking to get even more thrust"

They are both 4 channel fins that look very much like Quattro, Quattro Plus, and Excel Plus, rather than 3 channel Super Channel or X3. They both come with spring straps. They are the most expensive fins in this lineup, apparently list will be $170 for either Excite or Excite Pro. There sure are a lot of fins available these days.

My wife has a pair of X3s that she been diving for 4-5 years. For her, they are very comfortable and work well. She significantly improved her frog kick this year in Bonaire and now has a broader and more flexible armamentarium of kicks. She would occasionally get cramps using just flutter, no more :) My son has been diving a pair of Quattros for many years, he likes them very much.

The Excite and the Excite Pro are both briefly written up in the ScubaLab/Scuba Diving Magazine 2018 gear buying issue. They were not included in 2017 fin testing. The Pro model's "fin blade offers a bit more stiffness for divers looking to get even more thrust"

They are both 4 channel fins that look very much like Quattro, Quattro Plus, and Excel Plus, rather than 3 channel Super Channel or X3. They both come with spring straps. They are the most expensive fins in this lineup, apparently list will be $170 for either Excite or Excite Pro. There sure are a lot of fins available these days.

My wife has a pair of X3s that she been diving for 4-5 years. For her, they are very comfortable and work well. She significantly improved her frog kick this year in Bonaire and now has a broader and more flexible armamentarium of kicks. She would occasionally get cramps using just flutter, no more :)

I wasn't able to find the write-up. Is it online?

it was in the ScubaLab/Scuba Diving Magazine 2018 gear buying issue that I got in the mail the other day, but it really didn't say anything about the fin other than whats on the Mares website.

it was in the ScubaLab/Scuba Diving Magazine 2018 gear buying issue that I got in the mail the other day, but it really didn't say anything about the fin other than whats on the Mares website.

I see, thank you.

My LDS is calling in a Mares order next week and I asked to have a pair in yellow and the pro version ordered for me. I'll see what he says next week when he puts in the order as to when they expect to ship.

Back
Top Bottom