Mares Demon vs. Cressi-sub Matrix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

b_fish

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new mask and am trying to decide between the Mares demon and the cressi-sub matrix. Both seem to fit well in the store. I've heard that the demon works well with smaller faces (which I have), but the company propaganda about Cressi's "angled lens" and all that is kind of pulling me that way. Any suggestions or other insight about these two products?

I have a small face and the Cressi Matrix. It is a good mask and I would recommend it again. That said, for a small face, I would lean toward the Cressi Lince, which is essentially a smaller version of the Matrix. I don't have any experience w/ the Mares but you can't go wrong w/ Cressi Masks.

I don't have a small face, but I do have a Matrix and absolutely love it! When I was shopping for a new mask a couple of years ago, I tried on about 25 or so masks and the matrix won out. It fits well, shallow volume and very good field of view. I wish I could give some input regarding the Mares, but I've never tried one. I would test those two again. Maybe on the second try, one of them will end up standing out a little more than the other for you.

Good luck!

:zen:

I moved from the Mares X-vision to the Demon and I LOVE IT. Although I don't have a small face, it is a fantastic mask, I highly recommend it.... er assuming it fits.

Another vote for the Demon. I don't have a small face either, but I really like this mask.

Back
Top Bottom