Mares, Dacor parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Vintage SCUBA Restorers out there. All I really need is a NOS MR12 II or even a Mares Abyss second stage diaphragm I would like to get two. I can find 1st stage diaphragms all over the internet. No, I don’t work for or am a certified repair tech by Mares so they, for obvious reasons, won’t sell me a few ( singles, 6-packs, a dozen in a pack…whatever ) to finish a restoration on a vintage octopus on my Waterlung Dual-Air double hose regulator. BTW. This is a Stellar performing regulator but i DO believe in offering spare air on dives especially when I really don’t know who i am diving with. A very Safe courtesy, especially since I like diving my ‘doubles’.

…on my way to becoming certified repair tech after I retire from NC DOT as an engineering inspector plus 20 successful restorations of double hose SCUBA regs, some older than me, to where they are safely diveable. A seasoned repair tech recommended me do this after seeing and ‘breathing’ my work. …Sorry, not for contract repairs as there really is no sanctioned double hose repair program out there. I can answer questions from interested parties though.

giantfroginthepool
Scott G. Bonser, PADI DM since ‘84. Harrellsville, NC, U S A

The part number for Mares Abyss 2nd stage diaphragm is: 46186029

Here is an online source where they list 20 in stock:

-Z

The part number for Mares Abyss 2nd stage diaphragm is: 46186029

Here is an online source where they list 20 in stock:

-Z
Zef,
Thank You so much!!! I have been on-line trying to get these. ….No Tech # …No sale. Thank you for recognizing us vintage restoration folks who are plenty competent at servicing their own gear.
Scott G. Bonser

Zef,
Thank You so much!!! I have been on-line trying to get these. ….No Tech # …No sale. Thank you for recognizing us vintage restoration folks who are plenty competent at servicing their own gear.
Scott G. Bonser

Here is a website that might be of interest and help to you:

-Z

Scott,
You replied to a 17 y.o. thread... So his connections may not still be there (and he hasn't been on the forum in 14 years). For vintage gear, you might visit over at Home | Vintage Scuba Diving Community Forum
It's pretty active. I'll do some looking, but there's probably an after market diaphragm that will fit.

Respectfully,

James
Hey Thanks James, yes I amazed at computer generated responses that may or may not be current. I find that a lot when tracking down vintage parts. I got to stay the course if I want to find the correct parts to restore or service my old, reliable gear.

Thank You for any help you can give. I know they are out there. Finding them is not easy. Thank goodness for SCUBA forum members who can locate these parts.

Sincerely,
giantfroginthepool

Scott G. Bonser

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom