Mares, Dacor parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squidster:
Thank You Mr Grammer

That's "Grammar"

Sincerely,
Mr. Spelling

I thought the capital letter bit was kind of a beatnik poetry sort of thing...playing the bongos while waxing nostalgic about lost scuba gear.

Well if you bought a Scub Pro reg from an authorized Scuba Pro dealer for less than the $299 that the Abyss cost then you likely didn't get a reg that will perform up to the levels that the Abyss is capble of. I know my Mk25/S600 was a hell of a lot more thanthe Abyss I bought when I traded in my wife's old Dacor regs. Not to mention that Mares customer service has been outstanding. When I mentioned, in passing, not getting my Abyss in time for my trip to Australia in another post a represenative from Mares contacted me and is doing everything he can to get it here before I leave. (its suppose to be here on Wed.) I didn't bad mouth the company and he really had no reason to do this but it goes a long way in showing their commitment to customer service. You can bet than when I need to buy some other piece of dive equipment I will be looking at Mares first.

I purchased a balanced diaphram regulator , Thats what an abyss regulator is, The regulator cost me 329.00 but he threw in safe second,plus he put my gauges on for free. If you do the math 329.00 - at least 90.00 for scuba pro safe second,you can see why i chose Scubapro only 239.00 for one of the best regulators on the market,
service is great to.
Mares has a great product and i am sure the service is great.
The Scuba pro Regulator i chose will do any thing that the Abyss would do,plus its alot lighter.
I can also add an enviromental kit if i want,you can do same i thing withthe abyss.
You cannot compare Abyss to MK25/S600,But there are other high end mares that you could compare to the MK25/S600.
You Guys Have Really Good Regulators In The Abyss,But Look at it from my standpoint,to me if you cant get your regulator serviced its unsafe to use it.
The LDS that sold dacor could not service my dacor anymore ,plus to add to that they do not sale mares.
so i would have to traval 6 hours or buy my abyss on line Which is going to be a real head ache.
regulators are life support systems they must be maintained,if i chose to buy on line or from a dealer far away I might be tempted to get it serviced less,which is Dangerous.
So I chose to purchase another Brand That Is equal to the task of the abyss.
We must support our LDS , They provide service along with outstanding products .
not to mention education for those who want to learn.
Some of you use words like whiner or loud mouth in response to my post about the dacor product,and to a degree your Your right.

Be safe and have Fun diving

I did That On Purpose Matt,But The Beatnik Thing Really Hurts,so i guess i will have to change my ways.
Thanks for making me see the light Mr. Spelling

squidster:
I did That On Purpose Matt,But The Beatnik Thing Really Hurts,so i guess i will have to change my ways.
Thanks for making me see the light Mr. Spelling

You're welcome.

Sincerely,
Mr. Polite

As Bruno Kirby said in Good Morning Vietnam, "I know I'm funny"

Spongebobscubasteve:
LOL! You are all twits! I love it!

Being upset about a company discontinuing parts is like whinging that Ford doesn't make parts for the model T. It is simily a waste of time.
A lot of divers choose to purchase new Dacor regulators because their "written lifetime warranty" that was suppose to cover all parts for the original owner. Since Dacor is still in business (purchased by Mares) we would expect them to honor the warranty ...... if they had folded and gone out of business like Sportsways, Healthways or White Stag we could understand not finding parts. If we had purchased a Conshelf 14 from U.S. Divers we could still find parts and get the unit serviced or rebuilt even thou U.S. Divers no longer exsits but the Aqualung name has survived and they honor all warranties given by their counterpart.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom