Mares Abys Warranty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

veriqster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi.
I am curently looking to purchase a Mares Abys regulator. My LDS carries them. During my research i found some postings in regards to Mares Warranty (which i currently can not look up on Mares website) so I am interested what kind of warranty comes with these regulator (does it include the lifetime parts warranty or not?). I am told also (LDS) that there is no Abys available as an octo, what would be a matching (performance wise) option for this regulator?
Thank You.
Regards, Nick.
P.S. if somebody considers that there is a regulator more suitable for New England diving please feel wellcome to sugest.

Hi Nick,

You have good questions. You will be hard pressed to find someone speaking negatively about the Abyss regulator. It really is and has been a phenomenal regulator for diving in all conditions anywhere. I'm sure you'll agree should you decide to purchase it.

Abyss has a 2yr warranty against manufacture defects. This is our standard warranty on all Mares regulators. This regulator will come with a lifetime free parts policy to the original purchaser. You must purchase it from a Mares authorized dealer and service it annually to maintain this policy.

Your LDS is correct, we do not make an Abyss octo. Any one of our octos will perform great with the Abyss. I like the MV octo because of the size and shape. http://mares.com/product_detail.php?id=240&region=USA There is no up or down, easy to pass to another diver if needed, can be routed on either side depending on your personal preference. It's just an all around good octo.

Thank You!
This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for.
Now, is there any chance I could get an Abys seccond stage for an octo from an authorised dealer?
Do I still get the lifetime free parts policy if I buy the regulator from an authorised Mares dealer in Europe or does it have to be purchased in US?

veriqster:
Thank You!
This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for.
Now, is there any chance I could get an Abys seccond stage for an octo from an authorised dealer?
Do I still get the lifetime free parts policy if I buy the regulator from an authorised Mares dealer in Europe or does it have to be purchased in US?

I am glad to help. The lifetime parts policy is strictly a U.S. and Canada policy. You will need to purchase the product and have it serviced in the U.S and or Canada in order to receive the free parts.

There is always a chance. However we do not offer them to the dealer as individual components. So you'd have to get lucky and find an abyss 2nd stage missing it's partner. Stranger things have happened.

Good luck,

Thank You again!
Glad to see that there are people up there that really care about their product line - YOU just won my LDS a customer.
Wish you were offering a matching Octo though - wish me luck in finding a separate seccond stage.
Regards.
Nick.

I just purchased a Mares Abys from my LDS who is an authorised Mared Dealer (an hour ago). Now, the unit came in an open box (no big deal) and the dealer did not complete for me any papers - all I got from him was a reciept and the papers that were in the box (Waranty registration card; instructions; a mares abys booklet; the original owner identification card and, STRANGELY a "Lifetime Worldwide Warranty of Excelence" on which says "MARES ORBITER"). Is this normal, how do I complete my product registration now, if it's not normal then what can be done about it?
I mean I really like my LDS service wise - prompt, affordable, polite; and I had a good experince in getting answers from the Mares reprezentatives on this forum, BUT, MY LDS HAS NO CLUE ABOUT "MARES LIFETIME FREE PARTS POLICY", when asked if he could get me an Abys in a sealed box he excluded the option rights of the bat telling me that there is no way for him to order just a regulator - he would have to order an entire line of products and so on.
I really hope to solve this registration dilema i have - no desire to get stuck with a regulator that i can not register, etc.
Thank you in advance.
Regards.
Nick.

Nick,

I am sending you a PM. We will take care of you and your registration. I just need a few details which I will include in the PM. You will not get "stuck" with a regulator that you can not register.

veriqster:
I just purchased a Mares Abys from my LDS who is an authorised Mared Dealer (an hour ago). Now, the unit came in an open box (no big deal) and the dealer did not complete for me any papers - all I got from him was a reciept and the papers that were in the box (Waranty registration card; instructions; a mares abys booklet; the original owner identification card and, STRANGELY a "Lifetime Worldwide Warranty of Excelence" on which says "MARES ORBITER"). Is this normal, how do I complete my product registration now, if it's not normal then what can be done about it?
I mean I really like my LDS service wise - prompt, affordable, polite; and I had a good experince in getting answers from the Mares reprezentatives on this forum, BUT, MY LDS HAS NO CLUE ABOUT "MARES LIFETIME FREE PARTS POLICY", when asked if he could get me an Abys in a sealed box he excluded the option rights of the bat telling me that there is no way for him to order just a regulator - he would have to order an entire line of products and so on.
I really hope to solve this registration dilema i have - no desire to get stuck with a regulator that i can not register, etc.
Thank you in advance.
Regards.
Nick.

Nick,

Please PM me the name of this dealer. From your description that he does not know about the free parts policy and cannot order one reg... sounds like he is not an authorized dealer. All the regs come in a sealed box from our distribution center and any authorized dealer can order one reg.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom