March dive destination---recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian2828

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm in the early stages of planning a dive trip for March of 2012. I will be traveling solo and will have about two weeks. I'd appreciate some suggestions to help narrow down my choices.

My general preference is to dive without need of a wetsuit. I'm interested in sea life, but also very interested wrecks/archaeology and non-dive culture/historical activities. By March, I will have about sixty dives, PADI Advanced OW and nitrox certification. Because I'm traveling alone, I'd prefer an area with a developed dive infrastructure and opportunity to meet other divers. Some of the areas I'm starting to explore are:

India (seems like a great combination of diving and land travel)
Truk lagoon, Micronesia
Galapagos Islands
Thailand (I've done this one prior so probably not on the list)
Red Sea

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

India? Maldives wok, but that isn't India.

Truk? A bit early in your logbook to go so deep? Maybe? It's PC to call it Chuuk.

Galoping Pogos? Wetsuit city.

[-]Thailand[/-]? You already scratched it off.

Red Sea? That:wink:would work for you.

Thanks. I just did a search for "Red Sea" and your response popped up. Learning about it tonight.

I'd recommend a week land tour for pyramids, temples and a week liveaboard on Red Sea either north or south itineraries are good I've done both you can see my photos and a short video on www.fishtalesproductions.com

as for liveaboard Emperor Divers fleet are great operation

Have you found a dive trip yet? I have dove the BIG Island of Hawaii every March for the past 5. Great diving, adventure and all around great time. I have dove Roatan, and Belize. I still return to Hawaii to do my own thing. The sea life is great, fish fish fish, eels. Mantas, dolphins, turtles every where, lobsters. The structure is awesome, tons of hard coral. archways, swim throughs, easy lava caves and tubes complete with sky lights. some walls and canyons. besides diving there is ton to do and adventure if that's what you like. you can enjoy the beaches, hiking and site seeing. I am ready to pack now just thinking about it. Kona is where you want to stay. I always get a condo at Sea Village because I enjoy some cooking verses eating out all the time. I have also been to Maui but feel Kona is much better for diving and R&R.

Back
Top Bottom