March 21st & 22nd Wreck dive weekend :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh and the City of Washington is not in the range of CR's zone, but there are lots of great reef options south of KL to have enjoy some great 2nd dives.

Thanks Kid I hope to see you on the boat Sunday.

Are we there yet :bump:

*** All divers welcome to join us be sure to call and book your spot ***

National Weather Service:
Synopsis
A weak cool front will be in our vicinity today and Thursday. On Friday this feature will move south through The Straits...pushed by a strengthening high pressure area to our north. Thus for Saturday and Sunday we expect fresh northeast breezes.
Friday
North to northeast winds near near 15 knots. Seas beyond the reef 3 to 5 feet...except higher in the Gulf Stream. Seas inside the reef 2 feet. Nearshore waters a moderate chop. Isolated showers.
Saturday And Sunday
Northeast to east winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas beyond the reef 4 to 6 feet. Seas higher in the Gulf Stream. Seas inside the reef 2 to 3 feet. Nearshore waters choppy. Isolated showers.

Not the greatest weather, but no showstopper, either... anyone know what the likely impact of such moderate northeastern winds are on the upper Keys dive sites?

The good part is the winds will at least be somewhat out of the North which is more favorable than East, Southeast winds.

The most exposed sites like the Grove or the Duane will be most effected. But I guess we will see what we will see.

Yesterday they say today would be quite nice and right not we have winds in the knot range and rain(looking Bayside as I type). I plan on hitting the grove tomorrow. The weekend is just so far away.

Not the greatest weather, but no showstopper, either... anyone know what the likely impact of such moderate northeastern winds are on the upper Keys dive sites?

Getting ready to board the plane El? :D I hope you guys have a safe flight.

Just to make everyone aware that there is only one diver booked for the night dive, so that may not be taking place. We need at least 4 to run that trip.
Looks like we have 2 now... :depressed:

Night dive on Friday night …. Call and book your spot!

We might take the Monday morning boat too (if the weather feels slightly more co-operative).

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom