Maps on Garmin Descent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moose_grunt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The Garmin descent says it supports topo maps on the device, but looking at the maps catalog, it looks like the BlueChart nautical chart series is not supported? Can anyone confirm this?

Not that I'd rely on a map on my watch for important navigation, and I know the Descent is based on a running/hiking oriented watch, but still...

Has anyone tried and failed, or tried and succeeded, in loading the Garmin charts?

Jim

I've never tried downloading anything but the standard maps to my Mk1 but according to the BlueChart g2 HD site, the Mk1 is supported.
BlueChart® g2 HD | Garmin

It might be worth calling Garmin support in you country to find out if it works.

Huh, you’re right. I was looking at the overall maps catalog, I think, and it did not list the descent. The link you posted clearly does. The mystery thickens. Thanks for posting the link!

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom