Mapating tech dives april 29

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
guys i am trying to form a small group to go to mapating on april 29 via aquav. planning on doing 2 dives. this trip is soo long overdue!!! so far there are 3 techies in my group. anyone else want to in?

Spoon:
guys i am trying to form a small group to go to mapating on april 29 via aquav. planning on doing 2 dives. this trip is soo long overdue!!! so far there are 3 techies in my group. anyone else want to in?

got your text bro, sorry have to pass on this one.

Halthron:
What's wrong with my 30?

is that designed for twin tanks? we will be using twins. your wing is a oxycheq signature series 30 singles wing right? il be picking up an evolve soon and can gladly lend you my explorer.

As I think about it, the bouyancy would be fine but the size wouldn't, the tanks wouldn't allow it to open all the way if necessary. I'd like to borrow the Explorer.

How much traveling will there need to be? Will the boat stop right over the hole? I'm trying to figure out how much effort and thus how much air will be needed.

Halthron:
As I think about it, the bouyancy would be fine but the size wouldn't, the tanks wouldn't allow it to open all the way if necessary. I'd like to borrow the Explorer.

yes the lift capacity of your 30 should be more than enough but the size wouldnt be big enough to wrap around the doubles. sure thing on the explorer.

Halthron:
How much traveling will there need to be? Will the boat stop right over the hole? I'm trying to figure out how much effort and thus how much air will be needed.

the bangka will be positioned right above the mount. we descend using the anchor line to the top of the mount which is about 100ft. we then descend along the wall and touch down at the mouth of the cave which is at 150ft. the mouth of the cave is huge enough to explore within the light zone but im sure some of the others would want to penetrate all the way to the small crevace opening which leads to 200++. we will be with bobby so he cantake care of the guiding. he mapped the cave. if we are lucky we will see the giant marble rays fooling around

Spoon:
i il be picking up an evolve soon and can gladly lend you my explorer.

Are you sure about the evolve? Its aircell is doughnut shaped and I understand that the lower end gets squished by ones butt and the tanks, effectively leaving you with what essentially is a another explorer/horseshoe type wing.

Twomixdiver:
Are you sure about the evolve? Its aircell is doughnut shaped and I understand that the lower end gets squished by ones butt and the tanks, effectively leaving you with what essentially is a another explorer/horseshoe type wing.

when i meant pick up i meant i would borrow one to use. i want to try it out first hand before purchasing. i might even consider an oxy vertex 45

Back
Top Bottom