Mantangale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been to Mantangale and the resort is fine. though I didn't dive, I looked on their Diving Packages. It consists of diving stages. From near the resort diving spots going to Camiguin Island's showls.

I think it might be the next stop when I get time. How far is it by boat for a dive on Camiguin?

Ive been out of circulation for a while. It was a fine couple days of diving with Dr. Stan and DudeDong.

Whale shark was great. So were the rest of the dives. Very hard to discuss price on an internet board. I would contact the resort and they will put a package together.

It was about a 9 hour drive for me to get there. No problem with security. We really should put that old dog to rest.

So, when will you be back in my neck of the woods Dr. Stan? I will be in Cebu on the 29th and 30th. Then up to Subic for 3 days.

from mantangale the dive sites of kabila and cantaan on the south end of camiguin are about 25 minutes away. The marine sanctuary in Mantigue island is about 35-40 mins out. You go watch the dolphins during the ride........

Hi there Paul. Security as an issue seems to me is only brought up by the norte americanos. the Europeans and the Japanese dont seem to mind it at all.....

Ehhh the credit card is still deflated from getting expensive toys so plans for saranggani are on the back burner for now..... BUT, if you guys conjure up that rhinopias again, i'll walk there......

Dr. Stan:
Hi there Paul. Security as an issue seems to me is only brought up by the norte americanos. the Europeans and the Japanese dont seem to mind it at all.....

Unfortunately, even some norte filipinos have an issue with it too.

hi paul, my wife and I were on camiguin exactly the same weekend you were are at mantangale, too bad I wasn't able to join in on the fun.... we stayed at Jasmin, no diving, just sightseeing, was pretty bummed out with sunken cemetery, nothing to see at all, the other sites were ok, just not what I remember it to be 16yrs ago... plus I got burns on the inner leg (stupid motorbike)...

btw, some "foreigners" I talked to in the island actually think camiguin is still part of visayas, and when you ask them if they had plans to go to davao, they'd answer with a big "Nooooo" haha

cheers :wink:

:rofl3: :rofl3: reminds me how palawan is often mistaken as part of luzon!

davao is quite far from camiguin, to be fair. and its also because its so near bohol (the boholanos actually have a strong influence on the camiguinios) that it could get mistaken as part of visayas.

i have heard diving in the island is quite an experience to try, you should have grabbed your chance when you were there!

fingerling:
btw, some "foreigners" I talked to in the island actually think camiguin is still part of visayas, and when you ask them if they had plans to go to davao, they'd answer with a big "Nooooo" haha

cheers :wink:

Dr. Stan:
Ehhh the credit card is still deflated from getting expensive toys so plans for saranggani are on the back burner for now..... BUT, if you guys conjure up that rhinopias again, i'll walk there......

i heard they saw a rhinopias in anilao recently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom