Mantangale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Stan

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I've been a long time lurker here. I noticed that there is not much information on my fave dive resort/location = Mantangale Its near Cagayan de Oro and Gingoog.

The weekend preceeding May 1st i was diving with SB's own Paul Partridge and we lucked out with this sighting...
479292880_648f52fff8_o.jpg

The new signature dive of the resort is done on nitrox and features two different pygmy seahorses back to back (actually 2 fin kicks away from each other)

Denise pygmy seahorse
454761247_66d2280e7e_o.jpg

Bargibant's pygmy seahorse
166250568_95a3711a42_o.jpg

Really worth an extended look beneath its waves......(and no camera fees!!!)

It is just south of camiguin but still on the mindanao mainland. The port of Balingoan is where the ferries that go to camiguin dock, and the resort is 5 minutes away from.

Diver Dennis:
Which dive op? Johnny's?

Mantangale Alibuag Dive Resort (www.mantangale.com) Nice resort (nothing luxurious but still nice compared to other set-ups here in the PI) Fast boats, good food. But its the location that matters (plus the guide!). Mantangale can access camiguin and medina as day trips.......

oooh a denise pygmy AND a whale shark!!! Interesting... Need to put this place down on my "to visit" list :D

found this in their website: US$60 with own equipment, 2 boat dives + lunch

i think its cheaper if you are diving from camiguin instead (i remember getting a lesser rate at johnny's. never had the chance to push through the trip, though. :( )

boljakool:
how much is the dive rate there?

boljakool:
how much is the dive rate there?

roughly USD 20.00 for the nearby sites. The "far" site rates will depend on how many divers there are. If you are a stay in guest then Nitrox is free.....

The rates are more or less in keeping with a "standard" rate in the visayas area. For the same amount of money, i get access to the best sites, get better service, and enjoy better facilities than what the others in the area offer....

The biggest advantage in basing yourself in mantangale .... you can do camiguin and medina in a faster and more convenient way.

I believe Yvette has been there a couple of times, maybe she can chime in.......

The Executive Suites look very nice and with a package, pretty reasonable. How far is it from the airport? What are the advantages of staying there over staying on Camiguin?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom