Manta ray village shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yohnis

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone done Manta ray village from SHORE? (near Sheraton hotel in Kona, popular Manta ray BOAT night dive site)
Where is entry & exit?

When I was watching Manta from Shearton, divers came from shore. I would like to try from shore myself.

maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=ja&q=19.559719,+-155.966442&vps=2&jsv=173b&sll=19.565856,-155.973845&sspn=0.008825,0.010557&ie=UTF8&geocode=FSd1KgEdFiS09g&split=0

As you enter the Sheraton there is a little white church to the right on the driveway. If you go to the parking lot and walk along the street and look and se the church you will see a walk way that goes streight to the shore line. That is the entry point and exit point for the shore dive. It is an easy entry if you wait for a wabe to break on the rock then enter and do the same on the way out. Short surface swim to the Manta Ray site or you can dive down and do under the water using alot of your gass. Have fun and good luck.

Thanks for precious info. We will hit there Friday and/or Saturday night. Anyone care to join?
We all are 100+ divers.

Possibly sat night. We are planning on a night dive anyway. We were going to do 4 mile.

We will be doing shore diving all day Friday and Saturday. 5 tanks/day. Perhaps will do 4 mile during daytime. PM me, I will tell my number.

Is there a shore access to Garden Eel Cove?
This site says so,
hawaiianresources.net/Hawaii_Dive_Map.htm

For those diving mile 4 or Sheraton near the end of this week...check the swell. It will probably be fine, but perhaps not (for those sites).

According to this, it will be 1-3ft.
magicseaweed.com/msw-surf-charts2.php?chart=38&res=750&type=swell&starttime=

Any better site?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom