Mansfield Dam, 10/21 - 10/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyduck:
Gee, what is this tag team?

Ok ladies, just because I am not diving every recreational mud HOLE does not mean I have not been diving. :D

So Alan, what profile would you lke to dive?
You bringing doubles?

Who's bringing what for dive gas?

I wouldn't mind trying out that Dive Shop in Austin that Ryan Eastman recommended.

Presently, I plan on attending.

Hey, Cyklon 300- You coming?

Regards, Andrew

**DOUBLES,,, I can barely support/$ a single al80 on my poor 'old' back!! You bringing down that multi-color set of yours you mentioned? And I am on a diet this fall so 21 is my gas of choice. Good to hear you can come-- I can only do a Sat. day trek ,,,,,,and you know that it really does not get any better than Tx. mud holes for diving!! PS-- I will need a guide since I never have dove the dam---gee I know. Alan

Crazyduck:
Hey, Cyklon 300- You coming?

actually, I'm loading my gear to go to the lake this afternoon...a buddy has a new drysuit he's jonesing to try out.

Unfortunately, Sat is hosed with prior committments...might wander out Sunday morning if you guys will still be around...I usually gear up at the pavillion by the metal stairs at the dam face.

Gregg,
Please tell your friend congratulations on the new drysuit.
I would be jonesing myself… get me to the water!
It should be a fun first dive. No turtling allowed.

My schedule is Saturday/ Sunday- leave early afternoon to get home by a decent time. I will advise as things firm up.

Andrew

cyklon_300:
actually, I'm loading my gear to go to the lake this afternoon...a buddy has a new drysuit he's jonesing to try out.

Unfortunately, Sat is hosed with prior committments...might wander out Sunday morning if you guys will still be around...I usually gear up at the pavillion by the metal stairs at the dam face.

texdiveguy:
**DOUBLES,,, I can barely support/$ a single al80 on my poor 'old' back!!
Oh, common “DSAT Tec Deep 'student'” don’t tell me that.
Your committed….right?
It gets expensive quick doesn’t it, been there and spent the money.

What are you getting for a drysuit?

You bringing down that multi-color set of yours you mentioned?
The multi-colored nightmare doubles were a loaner for a class I was taking; not mine.

I have a map of the area- might have to ‘dust it off.’
We won’t let you swim out into the abyss by yourself I would have to answer to Deborah.

And I am on a diet this fall so 21 is my gas of choice.
Seriously- you really should not do air dives and deco on air- it is no good for you. I have done it and its no fun. I understand the cost, but there is a benefit. Are you Bringing your pony bottle as bailout?

Talk to me about this weekend about ‘staging’ that might be an easy way for you to provide yourself more dive gas for the short term. We might have to add a few things to your airtrim. What is the lift with that bc?

Later, Andrew

Hey guys (in the genderless sense),

Mind if a local drops by Sat., just to say "hi"?

I don't want to get in your way, but if I can catch you on a SI, would like to meet y'all*, drool on your gear (especially the rb), hear about your dives...

If you need a contact in the local area, PM me and I'll give you my cell #, email address, whatever.

*humph, I've only lived in TX for two years and I'm already saying y'all. Going to have to watch that...

Crazyduck:
Oh, common “DSAT Tec Deep 'student'” don’t tell me that.
Your committed….right?
It gets expensive quick doesn’t it, been there and spent the money.

What are you getting for a drysuit?

The multi-colored nightmare doubles were a loaner for a class I was taking; not mine.

I have a map of the area- might have to ‘dust it off.’
Are you Bringing your pony bottle as bailout?

Later, Andrew

Andrew,
LOL.... you are right on the 'expense path'---adds up fast! Almost at a point were I can order the new BC ,,,, that is my next gear expense....plus have set aside the coin for my Ice Diver cert. trek in early winter 06'..... I have a new Bare XCD2 Pro Dry system,,,, still in the learning curve, but coming along fine. As to gas cost and other gear cost,,,, being in the scuba industry really helps.... so cost of gas blends is no problem. It will even get better in the near future in terms of avlb. at my finger tips...gas blender cert. in the near future. On the dives I am planning to do at Travis will be limited to my single al80 .....and I will be slinging a 19cf pony. So what profiles are you thinking and what hard gear will your kit consist of? Oh yea, Debra has been letting me dive off on my own now for sometime----lol

Stop by say Hi.

The rebreather (PRISM) was at a Class in Tenn. I do not have a unit at the moment- sorry to disappoint. But stop by and meet everyone.

Regards, Andrew

3dent:
Hey guys (in the genderless sense),
Mind if a local drops by Sat., just to say "hi"?

I don't want to get in your way, but if I can catch you on a SI, would like to meet y'all*, drool on your gear (especially the rb), hear about your dives...

If you need a contact in the local area, PM me and I'll give you my cell #, email address, whatever.

*humph, I've only lived in TX for two years and I'm already saying y'all. Going to have to watch that...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom