Manifold Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HarveyO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm assembling my first set of doubles and was curious as to what brand / type of manifold the folks out there found the most satisfactory.
I think I understand the 200Bar vs 300Bar difference, but am wondering how to best spend my $$$$. OMS? Halcyon?.........
Thanks

I used Thermos...hope the BP/W is working out for ya. I may have a new(unused) set laying around...PM me if you are interested.

I think if you stick with the major names ie. Diverite/Halcyon/Sea Elite (which I THINK are all made by the same manufacturer) and Thermo, OMS, you'll get a good product. I have 2 sets of doubles, one set of LP108's with a 300 Bar Diverite manifold, and one set of steel 72's with an OMS manifold. Both work just fine, both are solid and reliable in my books, and I feel comfortable with either of them.

Check compatibility of the bands for the manifold you want. I have a set of DiveRite bands and a SeaElite manifold. The bands are a bit wide. I can just get about 4 threads on the manifold, and you need three minimum. Different bands have different center spacing. My DR is 8.5 inches I think (it may be 8.25, I'm not sure). Anyway, just make sure the two are compatible.

FD

Sea-Elite which is the house brand for Diver Supply - and if you ask the right person you can get a 10% discount for being a member of the board.

Here is the difference between 200bar and 300 bar - two threads nothing else. That said the 200 bar can be both DIN and Yoke.

I normally pick out my tanks first, and then I go to the catalog to find a matching manifold for them, and bands.

OMS and Halcyon both make great ones, from my own experience, having had both.

I love the Thermo manifold I had on my old doubles, but I'm not so crazy about the angle of the DIN threads on my genesis manifold I have on my Asahi HP100s.

It sort of depends on what tanks you're planning to use. I used Thermo's on a couple sets of aluminum doubles and was very happy to have the little bit more vertical room they provide. I think it provided for slightly less bend on the hoses with the close shoulders of the aluminum tanks. On my current steel sets I'm using SeaElites. No problems what so ever. The only thing I would change, is that I would like to see the burst disk assembly somehow protected, ala Thermo and Diverite. Just make sure that the bands you purchase are spaced for the tank diameter and manifold spacing.

Have you picked out bands yet? If not consider PMing Detroit Muddpuppy here on the board. He custom fabs really high quality stainless bands, and will make them specific to whatever tanks and manifold you choose.

HarveyO:
I'm assembling my first set of doubles and was curious as to what brand / type of manifold the folks out there found the most satisfactory.
I think I understand the 200Bar vs 300Bar difference, but am wondering how to best spend my $$$$. OMS? Halcyon?.........
Thanks

Go on to leisurepro.com and get the oms 200bar manifold.. Its only $169 on there.. Thats what I use and it works great.. I found that the one with the threaded isolator is very easy to make seal.. Heres a link to it..

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/OMSIMR.html?Search=op%3ddtSearch%26Term%3doms%2bmanifold%26SearchFlag%3dall%26AdvSrchSortField%3dRelevance%26DescSort%3d0%26Hit%3d1

Yeah, make sure you get the 200bar manifold.. No real point in getting the 300bar..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom