Manifold question - what does 200 bar vs. 300 bar mean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With a 300 bar manifold, you might have trouble finding the thread-in yolk adaptors. I have heard that someone makes them, but they aren't a common item (so far as I know).

addexdiver:
The term "bar" is measure of pressure equal to 1 atmosphere or 14.7psi - in Europe they only talk bar - also in weather forecasts - have a look at the "barametric" pressure...always around 1000mbar = 1 bar.
Not quite, BAR is about 14.5 PSI. It's considered "close enough" to 1 ATM that it's [incorectly] used interchangably quite often.

Roak

scubafool:
With a 300 bar manifold, you might have trouble finding the thread-in yolk adaptors. I have heard that someone makes them, but they aren't a common item (so far as I know).

Actually a 300 bar din will not take yoke adapters. A yoke reg will not fit over a 300 bar valve and that is why they don't make them. They do make a yoke adapter to fit in the 300 bar din valve for testing cylinder pressure or to analyze Nx but it is not to put a yoke regulator on.

Bobby

Sorry, missed the link...lol - looks like salesmen got into the game. I wouldn't stand too close with only a few threads engaged under full pressure - might get real interesting. Speaking of bars - hmm, now that sounds like a good idea.

The diverite link will pretty much answer your questions. I would reccomend just going with 200bar. It's slightly cheaper, and just as strong. Plus you can use the yoke adaptors AND don't have to worry about what bar 1st stage you have (Although as mentioned above 200bar 1st stages are kinda rare..), and even though a 300 bar 1st stage will stick out of a 200bar manifold a little bit.. .it's only a little bit an makes no practical sense.

for your average joe (ok, average super cave tech diving joe), 200 is all you'll ever need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom