Mandatory TDA membership

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I recall that was why BSAC was kicked out of the CMAS organisation. Now it's the other way, a local arm of CMAS is trying to "represent" the whole of the Thai diving industry, but forcing us to convert to TDA CMAS and selling their product before any of our own services.

Anyway, so there I was bimbling around Shark Point, as you do, only to find my TDA CMAS 1*s I'm leading have got no buoyancy control whatsoever. It's like they were never taught how to hover. Frightened to use the inflator. Looking at their logbooks and talking to them, they got an 8,000 baht OW course from a local TDA 2* instructor here in Ao Nang. So it seems that if PADI and others have to match the TDA standard, just cut out half your course, that should do it.

we had a bloke come in the other day, he was supposed to be CMAS 2 *, a police diver with 80 dives.

he didn't have a cert or logbook so no-one would take him out. but someone must have told him i don't care much for red tape so he came to ask if we'd take him.

i set him the task of assembling some recreational kit , he put the reg on backwards and the BC upside down. i thought he had a wicked sense of humour for a bit and then realised he was serious.

he probably got to dive in Phukey, they're gagging for any business they can get, i hear, opps wrong thread

Jamie

i think he was from Luxemburg, wherever that is

i think he was from Luxemburg, wherever that is

Luxemburg is not much of a country. It's a drive-through between Belgium, France and Germany and the only thing I know about it is that their flag looks pretty much the same as the Dutch flag. (with the exception that their shade of blue is light blue instead of the darker royal blue in the Dutch flag).

I doubt if there's any real body of water in Luxemburg and this may explain your divers lack of skill. Maybe CMAS divers in Luxemburg train in a waterless environment?

:D

So there you have it, get a log book, collect a few stamps in it from a few dive shops where you do an intro dive, then turn up at your local TDA centre and get a CMAS1* rating for doing 3 dives down in Phi Phi, it's as easy as that! So I make my students do all that stuff in the PADI course, what was I thinking of.

This is all starting to sound very serious. An upstart dive company here in Kuraburi must get approval from the TDA before they can get a TAT licence. The TDA sent representatives here from Phuket to see and photograph his equipment. What surprises me is that they did it at their own expense and not the prospective dive company. This is unheard of in Thailand. Where does their revenue come from and do they have such a budget.
:confused:

Surf and Dive Charters to North Sumatra, Simeulue, and Banyak Islands.

Where is Phukey?
Close to Luxemburg??

:D
it was a typo at first but i sort of thought it was appropriate so i left it like it was.

it is a phukey place in my opinion, opps , wrong thread AGAIN

back to my post. was he useless because;

1/ he was foreign ( not English )

2/ a copper

3/ CMAS?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom