Man mauled by Polar Bear!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My .02 about training things (worked at a vet clinic for four years and still do work with animal rescue groups). Play with his feet and ears A LOT. If you are just sitting watching TV, rub his ears, flip them over, rub his feet and nails, etc. This way when you need to do nail trims and ear cleanings (whether you do it or the vet does it) he will be very use to it.

Also pin him down. Dogs don't really like to be "held down" against their will, but dogs have the pack mentality and you need to be the leader of the pack. When the pack leader pins the subordinates, they stay down. I did it to my doberman when she was a puppy 1-to let her know who is boss 2-so she is use to lying and being still. Don't do it in a mean or aggressive way. Just hold him down until he stops squirming and submits...then let him up and give him a treat.

Lastly when you are going through a doorway, make him sit...then you walk through, then he can walk through. My dog does it automatically now. Sits at the doorway, then waits for me to walk through and say "free" then she can walk through.

I'll post some photographic evidence when I get home :)

Awwww. I was mauled by my own mini-polar bear this morning!!

Not him ... her. And no pics of the actual "mauling", but here's the ferocious beast ...

But, in these photos, you can clearly see how she could seriously attack things (ok, maybe just a bedsheet) and how LONG that tongue is for extra mauling action!

Nooshy ready to board the plane.jpg

Anoush in the snow.jpg

pouty face.jpg

anoush helps make the bed small.JPG

LONG tongue.JPG

She's actually petrofied of big dogs. She was attacked once. Now if we see another big dog, she makes a HUGE arc around them as we walk past.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom