Man am I bummed about the jet fins....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tonyc

Contributor
Reaction score
Well I'm really getting into the whole DIR philosophy and gear set-up. Now that I bought all my open water equipment, I'm replacing it with DIR type stuff. Sure wish I knew about this board before!

Anyway,
Just got my Jet Fins from LeisurePro, I was dying to use them this weekend- bought the springs too, but I couldn't even put my foot in the damn things. And to think, my wife thinks size nine feet are small! Maybe I'm groing (note to self to draw a pencil line on the wall to keep track of my height in case of a late in life growth spurt) . I bought mediums thinking they would be perfect.

Oh well, then I read the threads on jet fins and sizing. I guess I need to spend even more time here doing research. Leisure pro assured me that large would be best. Hopefully they'll work. As soon as I get em, You can bet I'll be in the local mud hole trying to back kick and frog kick away!

Leisure Pro was great as usual on the return, but I keep losing money on shipping things back that are the wrong size.

Talk to you guys later,
Tony (wishing I was underwater every minute since I started my basic scuba class).

Welcome to the board.

Are you diving with wetsuit booties? I have tiny feet (8.5) and use size 9 rock boots... and there was no way I could even get into the XL jets.

If you have wetsuit booties, the L or XL will probably be Ok for ya. Someone will chime in on that...but if you're diving boots ot any kind, forget about it. Go to the Turtles.

k

Same problem, and I'm about size 8 shoes.

Time to get a set of Turtle Fins!!! They'll fit your foot!

ScubaPro has known about this problem for WAY too long. I guess they can afford to lose sales of their Jets.

I wear a size 9.5 -10 shoe. With Oceanic 5mm booties my L jets seem to fit fine. I do have a wide foot so that may have something to do with me filling out the fin.

DeepScuba once bubbled...
Same problem, and I'm about size 8 shoes.

Time to get a set of Turtle Fins!!! They'll fit your foot!

ScubaPro has known about this problem for WAY too long. I guess they can afford to lose sales of their Jets.

are in production right now. They are really big. I think the topper was that they made a molded sole boot that didn't even fit in their XL jet fins or any of their fins...well mabe the twin jet.

Anyway they finally listened. Saw the proto- type a few weeks ago.

Karen

tonyc once bubbled...
I bought mediums thinking they would be perfect.

Oh well, then I read the threads on jet fins and sizing. I guess I need to spend even more time here doing research.

Indeed. Size medium jets are tiny. Do a search at least next time before you buy something.

i wear a 9. Have a L and a XL. Need the XL for drysuit plus the fin is longer than the L. Go with XL if using boots

Jets size L

I just received my Jets and I wear size 9 soft soled boot, they fit perfectly.

Does anybody use these bare foot? They fit OK but seem to have some areas that might rub?

Two observations:

First these things are HEAVY as compared to like a force fin or even my full foot Deep Sea fins.

Also the rubber they make them out of stinks. I opened them up and thought something died in the bag. That has got to be the worst smelling rubber I have ever seen. I'll have to ship them seperate when I travle ;-)

Can't wait to try them out though.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom