Mammoth Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cyprian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm just dropping in to say that Mammoth Lake is a good place to dive and worth the drive for most in Texas. I dove(dived) it Memorial Day with Tripntx leading and we had a great time and only managed to cover about 10% of the place. I'll watch the vis reports and certainly be back at some point.

I met the owner of Maximum Scuba - great guy. The ladies up front were very friendly and helpful. I got a great fill in my AL63 that my son used. I got some good natured GUE ribbing by the owner of one of the local dive shops...lol. It was Memorial Day so they had free hotdogs on the deck (I say that because I don't know if that is something they do every weekend on only on special days). And the list goes on.....

Thanks Tripntx for allowing me to bum your double 80s so I did not have to drag mine down and for the dive guiding. :)

So....go to Mammoth folks, you will enjoy it.

It's a fun place. Average vis is about 5-10ft normally. Think it's the first Saturday of the month they do bbq and night dives as well. There's a big vertical tube in the middle just off to the right that dips down to 60ft. Only enough room for 2-3 people standing rather than horizontal and gets dark and cold. But yeah, fun place and lots of stuff to see. The Maximum guys are fun people. Never a dull moment....

I enjoyed diving with you and Nick, and look forward to diving with y'all again.

I am heading there tomarrow with the GF to get her certed. Yes they have a wonderful site.

I'm just dropping in to say that Mammoth Lake is a good place to dive and worth the drive for most in Texas. I dove(dived) it Memorial Day with Tripntx leading and we had a great time and only managed to cover about 10% of the place. I'll watch the vis reports and certainly be back at some point.

I met the owner of Maximum Scuba - great guy. The ladies up front were very friendly and helpful. I got a great fill in my AL63 that my son used. I got some good natured GUE ribbing by the owner of one of the local dive shops...lol. It was Memorial Day so they had free hotdogs on the deck (I say that because I don't know if that is something they do every weekend on only on special days). And the list goes on.....

Thanks Tripntx for allowing me to bum your double 80s so I did not have to drag mine down and for the dive guiding. :)

So....go to Mammoth folks, you will enjoy it.

Wellllll.........

The viz was about 5 - 6 feet or so, with the temp at 76 degrees on the bottom. Closer to the surface, the temp was around 80.

Even with the poor viz, the wife, KWS and I had fun.

Get hanks for the update. I'll have to try and make it out there soon.

---------- Post added June 2nd, 2014 at 07:10 AM ----------

Thanks I mean. I can't type on this ipad!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom