Trip Report Malta Wreck Diving (June 2022)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The next wreck on the list is the stern section of the Type II Hunt class destroyer, HMS Southwold. The Southwold hit a land mine while getting ready to tow an oil tanker that was part of her convoy. The stern and bow are separated by about 300m / 1000 ft and are usually done as two different dives.

This first post is about the stern which was probably my favorite dive on the trip and I got (IMO) some good pictures.

Here is a picture of the "Southwold" sign at the stern of the ship on top of the depth charge racks. You can also see a shell on top of the rack on the left side.

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 6.51.38 AM.png

Coming up next will be my last post on Malta which will be the bow section.

Enjoy,

- brett

Here is the last detailed wreck post on Malta. It is about the bow section of the HMS Southwold that I previously posted about and includes IMO some really nice photos of the bow section from afar with and without a diver.

Here is the post:

Here is a sample photo:

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 6.34.34 AM.png

Enjoy! Next up are some more new wrecks found in SoCal in the recent days. :)

- brett

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom