Maldives resort and live aboard reviews wanted!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey all. Im looking to piggy back on my husbands work trip and squeeze in a week in Maldives on a LOB in June. Many of the boats don't have excursions during that month. Is that due to monsoon season? Has anyone dove during June to give me some info? Thanks in advance

I have been on the following Maldivian LOBs in the last 12 months:
- Carpe Novo x 3
- Carpe Diem x 1
- Carpe Vita x 1
- Emperor Leo x 1
- Emperor Orion x1

In the next 12 months I am booked for:
- Carpe Novo x 3
- Maldives Aggressor x 1

I don’t know who has the best reputation and the answer may depend on whom you talk to.
Can you tell m about Emperor Leo? IT looks to be an older boat in the photos.

I've dived with ScubaSpa. Happy to answer any specific questions. We found the boat was lovely and the diving good. Customer service via email a bit hit and miss though. Sadly no hammerheads on our trip. Night dive at Alimatha with the nurse sharks was very cool though.

I've stayed at Komandoo and have Vakarufahli and Mirihi booked for this year. Mirihi is very highly regarded as a diving location. Again, happy to answer any particular questions but without knowing what people are looking for it seems a bit self centred to write all about my experience.
Can you tell me about ScubaSpa? That is avail when we wish to go in June. Diving? food? What was wrong with service?

Can you tell m about Emperor Leo? IT looks to be an older boat in the photos.
It has been a couple of years since I was on the Emperor Leo. It is an older boat. Still serviceable but could have used a refit. It was either the Leo or the Orion where I hated the dhoni which was emitting strong diesel fumes. Much could have changed since I was on it. Better if you find someone with more recent experience of the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom