Maldives resort and live aboard reviews wanted!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all - Headed to the Maldives in March for a special trip. Does anyone have any experience or advice to offer regarding the Dhoni Stella 1 live aboard and/or Constance Moofushi and Six Senses Laamu? Any specific dive site recommendations? We’d love to see hammerheads.
Thx!
Dhoni Stella 1 is a beautiful Maldives style cruise/dive liveaboard. It is not as big as the liveaboards other have mentioned here . But its more private and comes in a very high standard service aswell. You are in good hands.
Hammerheads in Maldives is a dream come true, its rare but its not impossible you can always dream for it maybe you will be one of those lucky ones.
As others mentioned March is one of the best time period . Cheers !

Fuvahmulah have recently had an amazing experience:

Facebook

Hi all - Headed to the Maldives in March for a special trip. Does anyone have any experience or advice to offer regarding the Dhoni Stella 1 live aboard and/or Constance Moofushi and Six Senses Laamu? Any specific dive site recommendations? We’d love to see hammerheads.
Thx!
I have been on the following Maldivian LOBs in the last 12 months:
- Carpe Novo x 3
- Carpe Diem x 1
- Carpe Vita x 1
- Emperor Leo x 1
- Emperor Orion x1

In the next 12 months I am booked for:
- Carpe Novo x 3
- Maldives Aggressor x 1

I don’t know who has the best reputation and the answer may depend on whom you talk to.
Agressor not good… . The rest you've mentioned - great choice.

Carpe Vita, great boat. I've been on Carpe Vita for 4 itineraries. One of the best lob's I've ever been on. I'm sure Carpe Diem is too. Carpe Novo is the company"s new boat and my dive buddy (who has been on Carpe Vita with me twice) would return to Carpe Novo!

Pretty sure it's the company, as much as the boats and crew.

Did you get around to booking with them? And if so have you gone yet?

Komandoo, Vakarufahli and Mirihi - have you gone on your trip yet? what did you think of each location?

of the three you listed (moofushi, arthuruga and Kandolhu) sounds like moofushi was your favorite? Would you recommend all three? Which had the better snorkeling/diving?

Back
Top Bottom