Malapascua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another recommendation for Evolution. Didn't use them as I was diving of a self-contained sailing ship, but dropped by for a beer and to enquire about tech courses. Nice guys, all good divers on staff, and know what they are talking about.

Monad Shoal is an awesome dive. Like most dive sites called 'shark point', 'manta alley' I expected to be underwhelmed... but it blew me away!

Also Kalanggaman is a great place. We anchored our boat up there for a few days, super nice island and good diving.

Thank you for this. Evolution looks great. BUT I’m just worried about the weather Jan-Feb. Weather websites show this as rainy season that far north of Cebu

If Jan and Feb is rainy season then how about Jun - Oct?
Jan/Feb is DRY season in the country.

Last edited:
Thank you for this. Evolution looks great. BUT I’m just worried about the weather Jan-Feb. Weather websites show this as rainy season that far north of Cebu

Scubachild what are you travel dates? It's already Feb, and the Chinese New Year Holiday means you're going to find it hard to book anything now before the 20th of Feb.

By which time we should be getting well into the 'summer' weather here.

So I don't see it being an issue for you really.

Just to clarify, this is the weather right now (9am Sunday Feb 4th 2018) at the Evolution Beach :)
beach sunny.jpg

Scubachild what are you travel dates? It's already Feb, and the Chinese New Year Holiday means you're going to find it hard to book anything now before the 20th of Feb. By which time we should be getting well into the 'summer' weather here. So I don't see it being an issue for you really.

Actually I am planning ahead for Jan-Feb 2019 - and i will be sure to avoid Chinese New Year :)
Thank you for taking the time to reply and the nice picture.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense! :)

If I was to plan a trip to the Philippines in March and wanted to visit Malapascua and also spend a week in Coron, where would you recommend I book in coron? Liveaboard Vs Resort? Want to focus on Wrecks with tech diving.

Thanks to you, Mr. Reed, I am advanced wreck certified, hoping to use some of those skills.

Joe

If I was to plan a trip to the Philippines in March and wanted to visit Malapascua and also spend a week in Coron, where would you recommend I book in coron? Liveaboard Vs Resort? Want to focus on Wrecks with tech diving.

Thanks to you, Mr. Reed, I am advanced wreck certified, hoping to use some of those skills.

Joe
Nice pic of you in a suit Joe!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom