Malapascua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe, I would check to see if Rags Two is still in business. Great little liveaboard; the perfect way to dive the Coron wrecks as technical dives. I heard a rumor that this would be the boat' s last season, but if they keep her afloat for another year or two, that's the ideal way to tech dive Coron.

If Rags Two is a thing of the past, check with Sam and Dave at Tech Asia about their schedule, because they sometimes charter another liveaboard for technical wreck diving trips.

For shore-based, there's a guy named Gunther who has the only local tech-oriented shop of repute (unless my info is outdated). Can't recall the name and can't speak from personal experience.

Subic Bay is another option. Boardwalk Dive Center is ideal for tech penetration dives into the USS New York, and there are some other cool wrecks there, too. The New York is not to be missed.

Matt, what are the chances of a typhoon blowing out a week of diving in early July? My buddy David (the Dane whose AN/DP course you taught) and I are mulling over our summer options … it'd be nice to see the Mogami Maru and Dona Marilyn again. And of course you and the thresher sharks, too.

Matt, what are the chances of a typhoon blowing out a week of diving in early July? My buddy David (the Dane whose AN/DP course you taught) and I are mulling over our summer options … it'd be nice to see the Mogami Maru and Dona Marilyn again. And of course you and the thresher sharks, too.
I'd say "slim", I don't think there's been a decent storm here in July for a long time. But now that we've had this discussion there'll probably be 3 this year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom