Making yourself heard...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One thing I noticed is that some people also tend to post photos in the camera section instead of in general section. I think posting photos in the general section will get more audiences and more likely to get more constructive criticism. Personally I look in Nikon section and check Oly section once in while since I now own a Nikon and used to use Olympus. However since I never used Canon or Sony, I generally don't go into those sections since I don't really know anything about those cameras and assume that posting in those sections would be more camera specific rather than general photography discussions. I assume that people who shoot Canon or Olympus probably would not frequent the other camera secions all that often either. Just a thought....

Well it's pretty much been covered, but I don't post that much as the last ones I posted? (I think? anyway) were without response, so figured it was pretty much of a "Nice Pic..Yawn..." and that's about all..

I don't post to the Gallery as I don't get notified when someone posts (would be nice to have that option), and I have enough on my plate in dealing with just the UW Photo forums heheheh... just found out there were other "UW Interests" on the board... been focused on just the Oly corner..

I don't reply to the majority of fantastic photos being posted unless they are, IMHO, really different from the normal (like Yoda's Spring), fish, anemone (my favs), nudi cuties, etc... unless they are asking for thoughts?.. posting " Really nice pic.. ", although is nice, it sounds - to me - anyway, pretty much like passing someone in the hall/street and say "How's it going...." without expecting an answer...

I try to post to Newbies, of which I consider myself also, to encourage them to take more and more... and try different techniques..

So, to answer the question, I dunno... just when the mood hits and I can say something beyond the "Nice photo..." that would seem more personal and less like a copy/paste... 'thang'

I feel if I post, I want them to feel like I looked at it and show an interest in it... when the "pros" post.. I love the photos, but don't feel posting will mean anything so pretty much don't... doesn't mean I don't like them.., I do... but ??? posting another "Nice Pic..." doesn't seem sincere to me although I'm sure it IS Sincere from others to others...

heheh.. we all love our photos... LOL.. even the bad ones.. so I hear ya on the replies etc... will post more...

Good topic, I've often wondered this myself... "Why that one and not this one..." timing??

thanx

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom