Make that old tank into a lamp.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

willydiver:
I like the springstrap on/off switch on the Turtle lamp.

WD

It works a 3-way bulb quite nicely. I have a pair of them (obviously) adorning my Scuba-themed bedroom. They sit on my Stahlsac night tables.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
It works a 3-way bulb quite nicely. I have a pair of them (obviously) adorning my Scuba-themed bedroom. They sit on my Stahlsac night tables.

---
Ken

Which Stahlsac bag do you have? They quit making their duffles.

WD

Mo2vation:

---
Ken

I take it this room is free of the fairer sex, as I can't imagine a lady walking into that room, unless it is one of the fabulous ladies here on this board.

willydiver:
Which Stahlsac bag do you have? They quit making their duffles.

WD

Duffles won't work for night tables - as you are probably aware, they lack the internal rigidity to perform the full range of functions any legidimate night stand needs to perform:

* A sturdy surface to proudly display my Turtle Fin lamps

* Alarm clock

* Box o' Kleenex

* Glass of water

* Drawers for other nighttime accoutrements

The Catalina roller backpack was the obvious choice. It has a semi-rigid back, two front mounted drawers and most importantly, it stands up. Unlike the stupid, ubiquetous, overrated, ill-conceived, poorly constructed, cheapazz Akona roller backpacks that fall over.

Its quite the showplace, my bedroom. I appreciate Justin's question, but it would be indiscreet to answer such matters in a public forum.

---
Ken

Kosonen:
Hi Guy's

I Have a wind chime made by cutting off the base [ash tray],
cutting off the top[top of wind chime], and cutting the cylinder body into strips of differing lengths[you will learn a lot about music and harmonics during this phase].
When I was taking a welding class years ago we made giant wind chimes from old welding tanks. We welded them together to look like a giant "jack" like the old kids game and then welded hanging bottles for bells from the 4 or 5 high points. When we had all the bells going you could here them half way across the college campus. It wouldnt have been so bad except the ugly harmoics created from the bells not being quite tuned to each other very well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom