Make me an Offer sale - now untill Tuesday of next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MMDiver:
I'll bite....:D

So what does it really take for a quick PM? nothing really, then YOU decide if you are getting a deal or not.

It really is that simple.:wink:

No it doesn't take that long, but why should I have to? In other words, your best price must be asked for everytime I buy something. Well guess what? When I see on someone elses website that the same thing is less expensive, why should I have to send you a PM when they are already beating you. That's not fair to them. Do I then have to go back to them and play the same game? I'm not buying used cars here. I give up!

By the way, send me that crisp $50, and also, what's the deal on the 10 or 15 off all of the time that I didn't know about? So, for 5 years of sometimes buying from you, I've been paying 10 or 15 % too much?????????? You think that's going to make me want to spend any more time buying from you or sending you PM's?:no

Sorry,

Matt

This makes me crazy! Here's a dive equipment supplier offering a sale, and people want to complain about it. A PM is too much work? Pleeeeez. My LDS cannot advertise prices below MAP. Thats the rule. But if I go in and tell him what I found an item for online, he can usually work something out. Sometimes not. These are not the dealers rules folks. These are the manufacturer's rules. So keep *****ing at the retailers trying to offer deals to us, and get ready to pay MSRP for everything. (I know it will never happen as someone will always be willing to deal, but you get the point). Its free enterprise. Don't like the deal? Don't buy from him. :soapbox:

divematt:
No it doesn't take that long, but why should I have to? In other words, your best price must be asked for everytime I buy something. Well guess what? When I see on someone elses website that the same thing is less expensive, why should I have to send you a PM when they are already beating you. That's not fair to them. Do I then have to go back to them and play the same game? I'm not buying used cars here. I give up!

By the way, send me that crisp $50, and also, what's the deal on the 10 or 15 off all of the time that I didn't know about? So, for 5 years of sometimes buying from you, I've been paying 10 or 15 % too much?????????? You think that's going to make me want to spend any more time buying from you or sending you PM's?:no

Sorry,

Matt

Matt,

I'm really sorry that you have gotten so upset by this sale. I'm honestly at a loss on how to handle your hostility so I'm afraid at this point I'll just need to pass on even trying.

best,

Mark

I'm not upset by the sale if that's what you want to call it. I could have called up any shop and asked for better pricing if I wanted it and they were willing to offer better prices. The fact of the matter is when you walk into the local dive shop that fills your tanks and ask if they can match a price you saw online, they give you an attitude when and if they can't. And you coming on here acting like you're doing us a favor by playing the PM game of I'll charge you list unless you call and ask for better prices, just takes advantage of the uninformed. You mentioned that you had a 10 or 15 off pricing, but never elaborated here or to me on a PM. I guess I'll continue buying as I do now as it seems as I'm already buying below your cost. Sorry you took this as hostility. I just asked why your best price couldn't be put online. Now I know.

And by the way here's real good reason that one better call you before purchasing at the website price.

http://www.divers-supply.com/SEA-DOO...-p/sdo0001.htm

http://www.diversdirect.com/item/Sea...cooter_ID45753

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/SDOS...l&AdvSrchSortField=Relevance&DescSort=0&Hit=1

I'm really at a loss here....
Reseller offers to haggle...
Buyer doesn’t want to haggle...
Buyer has option to go elsewhere.

If you want to deal then PM him, if you don't then “walk on by” but why ***** out the Reseller and screw the people that are willing to play the game?

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1902013#post1902013 is where he told us if we asked for it via PM he would offer a 12% discount... I forgot and just paid full price for a few items... Oh Well... My Bad!

*****ing out the Resellers is not going to payoff for us in the long run. If nobody bites on an offer then they know they need to sweeten the deal until they get the sales volume they want.

My point was that if the price of this item was listed at a more reasonable price compared to it's competitors, it might sell better without the need to call.

*** mod post ***

dear divers

please all calm down and relax.... its friday after all :multi:

name calling is not acceptable on SB so if you have done so already, please edit or your post will be removed

seller has created a thread in the correct place - marketplace/hot deals

if you are interested you can contact seller direct to discuss, if you are not interested there are many many many other threads and sellers here on SB to enjoy

so lets take a step back and if you feel you need to discuss business practises you can take it elsewhere as this is not the thread for that - but remember, SB is a big family with alot of different ideas so lets do our best to be nice and get along

many thanks!

*** mod post ***​

Wow.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Sorry to all if I was out of line...
I'm new here and should learn the playing field before I jump in.
Sorry once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom