Suggestion Make 'Fred' a sticky?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
redrover

redrover

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Aloha,

I was just nosing around and read the thread LittleFrog posted 08-02-04 about ‘Fred’. I thought were I a visitor I’d pull what ever forum location the area was and see what’s up. So I wondered if maybe a sticky for this thread might be a good idea. I suspect those who use that forum frequently may get annoyed, but boy would I want to know about the potential encounter.

Lisa

I'm sorry Lisa but you lost me... what thread is it that you feel should be sticky and why?

Tech Admin:
I'm sorry Lisa but you lost me... what thread is it that you feel should be sticky and why?
Fred is a nut in California that people are warning each other about. This is the thread

thanks for clearing that up... I was sitting back thinking the same thing "who the heck is Fred" ..

Thank you all for bringing this to my attention, I am bringing up the issue to the supervisors and will be in contact with the necessary government bodies to get their input on the matter. Obviously it is impossible for ScubaBoard to provide a good warning service as it would be far too easy for abuse or liable but when there is a clear issue such as this one, consideration needs to be taken to be sure people remain safe.

Tech Admin:
... it would be far too easy for abuse or liable but when there is a clear issue such as this one, consideration needs to be taken to be sure people remain safe.

Is it a clear issue? The post seems to be more hear-say, rumor, and conjecture than actual first hand accounts of mis-behavior. If the man's behavior is as bad as people say it is, why not report it to the authorities?

TwoBit

TwoBit - That is an excellent point and something I have been pondering since this thread first came up. There is no doubt that someone is being "creepy" (that's clear) but beyond that...? In any case, ScubaBoard is a place for discussion, not for investigation.

I'm on the opposite coast and I enjoy following the Fred Thread. He's reached celebrity status, well maybe notoriety is a better term, and I enjoy the sighting reports. Is there a market for "I dove with Fred" T-shirts?
:SmileT-sh

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom