Major Update May 10, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well looks like no more checking on threads when work desktop is tied up. I was using the mobile version a lot to get away from having ads load and drain my battery.

Jim, what mobile device are you using? When on the iPhone, I use Tapatalk, which works quite well with SB. They have versions for most mobile devices.

I was able to edit my posts. With my spelling and typing, that is vital.

OOPS, now I can not. :idk: They keep moving the dam furniture around on me :shakehead:

I hope the hover your mouse over "Forums" feature so tht all the forums appear in a drop down menu makes it to the new version. Otherwise, it's kind of clunky having to click on "Forum" over and over to surf the different boards.

Is there any way to return to a red background? The blue is a little too bright for my tastes.

Jim, what mobile device are you using? When on the iPhone, I use Tapatalk, which works quite well with SB. They have versions for most mobile devices.

I liked SB mobile to surf while commuting to school or work (on a bus, not while driving), but Tapatalk is no help to me on my non-smartphone. I'm hoping Howard will post something when that's back up and running, because my phone crashed twice today while trying to load the regular SB.

I liked SB mobile to surf while commuting to school or work (on a bus, not while driving), but Tapatalk is no help to me on my non-smartphone. I'm hoping Howard will post something when that's back up and running, because my phone crashed twice today while trying to load the regular SB.

Ah, crap. I'm sure themes can be put back in. Maybe the old ones are incompatible with the new version.

not too impressed so far, pretty 'buggy', one thing, the pages are WAY oversized so on every screen refresh I have to spend 15-20 seconds SLOWLY scrolling ALL THE WAY back over to the left margin to recenter the pages.......this is getting VERY old fast! Might have to go and play over at TheDecoStop for a while until all this gets sorted out, but I guess I'm old fashioned...if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Initial response was - don't like it. Used it a bit and now find it more agreeable. A little toning down on all the white background would be nice.:cool2:

This is not the final skin design. This is an interim design which is VERY BASIC. I hired a professional designer to make our skin which is coming along nicely. Upgrading to vBulletin was first on the list, then the skin update will come soon. This will eventually be the "SB Classic 4.0" :wink:

I didn't want to implement too much change at once, since already people are freaking out over every little thing. Too much change all at once might have caused some people unnecessary stress, and could have overloaded our hospitals and mental health clinics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom