Major League Vortex Meet/Dive - Oktoberfest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well Darcy, what diving stuff is on your birthday wishlist???A night dive would be good....

Hozen gratz

cewarbin:
Firm Dates are October 15th and 16th :dazzler1:

Lets see, they have a 6 person room for $96 that has a shower and kitchenette. Split four ways and that would only be 25 a night. It might be advantageous to have the kitchenette for warming up food and fixins. I dont mind doing it Co-ed as long as the ladies dont mind, and we can all wear our jammies around.......<snip>.........I think I may go ahead and reserve one and let the Par Tay begin!! Anyone who wishes to split in and crash there is welcome..I will arrive friday the 14th and be staying over friday and saturday nights......
Wonderin' if there's still a bunk available? (My tent is itty-bitty) I'm considering joining ya'll (if that's OK- I mean, I don't wanna get in with the wrong crowd or anything :D ) I can't make the Halloween mega-dive at Ginnie, dammit, so I'm workin' on plan B. Dang, just the simple fact that I was at Ginnie last weekend, plan B is looking better than the original idea! I'm dyin' to dive some new places! Whadaya say Deep Dixie Divers? Am I in?! That is, if ya'll don't mind showin' a Florida Conch Diver how ya do it in Dixie..... :14:

Comeon out :D You'll still be in Conch territory. The panhandle has some beautiful springs that you central FL folks rarely ever see :D

Hey, Bug Man,
You going to be our ophyschial picture maker for the event?

the K

Ill take the pitchers of the pitchertaker!!!

Lil38, come on down, we will be figuring out arrangements. I think I am going in on the bunkhouse with a couple other folks...

Split up, it will probably be cheaper than camping.

Matt, I will try not to take anymore photos of your maskstrap and tankvalve this time!!
Plus that no good Wide Angle lens is history.

Opps, I guess I need to go ahead and reserve that room.

Hoss

The Kraken:
Hey, Bug Man,
You going to be our ophyschial picture maker for the event?

the K

Sure :D

closerer and closerer...

and time for actual info. rental tanks there? steels? anybody who instructs nitrox? who's willing to instruct? any idea of dive plans? (since all we have written are sausage & beer plans) address for vortex? - the site seems messed up & i would need to googlemap it. anybody wanna carpool? or meet up on my way from nc & carpool from there? any possibility of guided cavern/cave dives from someone knowledgeable in doing so?

If you want to meet up with me in Atlanta, I'll get you to the springs from there.

I don't know if they rent steel or not, but I don't think so.

There should be several of the Deep Dixie Divers there that can give you a good cavern tour.

the K

BabyDuck:
anybody who instructs nitrox? who's willing to instruct?
Do you want to knock out a Nitrox course while you're there? Should be no problem. PM me if you want to do it and we'll work out the details.
Rick

BabyDuck:
closerer and closerer...

and time for actual info. rental tanks there? steels? .......... any idea of dive plans? (since all we have written are sausage & beer plans) address for vortex? - the site seems messed up & i would need to googlemap it......
Yeah, I need to rent tanks too. I'm thinkin' it's gonna be 8-10hr drive for me. Not sure yet what time I'll get on the road.......not much :sleeping: What time for the 1st dive Sat? Vortex all day Sat? Then elsewhere Sun? Depending on actual drive time, I'm thinkin' I'll have to head back no later than noon on Sunday. BabyDuck I had a problem with google too. There's a couple of really bad maps of the spring n caves and easy sounding directions to Vortex on www.floridacaves.com Lemme know on the cabin too. Tryin' to make it Friday nite but I can't leave until after 4pm

Back
Top Bottom