Maiden Lake (Lakewood, WI)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

427Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
The Villages, FL, and Northern Wisconsin (4 months
# of dives
200 - 499
Went diving in Maiden Lake yesterday. Maiden Lake is near Lakewood, WI on highway 32 north of Green Bay.

http://www.4upnorth.com/maps/maiden.jpg

It was a lot clearer than I had expected, about 25 ft. Water temp was 70 degrees until 18 feet, then it got colder. Being a native Floridian I then chose to stay above 18 ft,
smiley.gif
smiley.gif
I only have a 3mm wetsuit. The other person I was diving with, from Wisconsin, dove Nekid (only swim trunks) without a wetsuit, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. He did get cold however he later admitted.

There was boat, skier, inner tuber, and jet ski traffic, however they stayed clear of our flag and pontoon boat, except for one jet ski and he at least did not try and go between our flag and the pontoon boat.

Dove on fish cribs, stone beds, and the weeds looking for fish life. Blue gills and Bass were basking in the over 18 ft water. Played around with a couple of real curious bass. There is a lot of interesting things to sea,
cheesy.gif
Only found one anchor and one bottle. My wife wanted some rocks, now that was interesting bringing up rocks without a lift bag. Got her 5 and said that was all
cheesy.gif

We had one of those video cameras and monitors that they sell for fishermen to use to find fish. We carried it with us and my wife and a couple others on the pontoon boat watched on the monitor. They say it worked quite well and they enjoyed watching.

Here are a couple of pictures

Shot of the lake with loon
PICT0503.jpg

Buddy holding video camera (note no wet suit, this is a Wisconsinite)
PICT0497.jpg

rocks with little fish
PICT0480.jpg

big rock, looked like a face (sorta)
PICT0468.jpg

Buddy sending video of old boat up to folks on Pontoon boat
PICT0465.jpg

Fish
PICT0463.jpg

Old boat
PICT0458.jpg

Bye