Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dont forget the Night Dive tomorrow, Im not sure if it got pushed to everyone on our list, but just in case. Madison Quarry is having a night dive Saturday night August 6th.

Will there be another night dive in the short term?

Never been to Madison, but hearing good things about it... (Any suggestions on where to stay overnight?).

Will there be another night dive in the short term?

Never been to Madison, but hearing good things about it... (Any suggestions on where to stay overnight?).

about 10 hotels right on Hwy 20 near the quarry. (withing 2-3 miles)

Radison (old)
Holiday Inn (old but redone)
Hampton Inn (not real old)
Baymont Inn (brand new)
plus several others

Here's a list and map of places. madison alabama hotels - Google Maps

Many more options in Huntsville

If you want to camp, consider Monte Sano State Park about 20 minutes to the east or Pt Mallard about 20 minutes to the west.

and there are a lot of places to stay -and eat- right here near it.

I hit Thai Pan for dinner (chinese food). They have a big menu, owner claims to be focused on quality. Based on what I got I won't argue, I'll be back for more. They have a lunch buffet, but dinner is order off the menu.

We have a night dive scheduled for the 10th of September at Madison Quarry.

The viz this past sunday was as good as I have seen it at Madison. Bottom temp in the mid 70's. Come on out and dive the Quarry before it closes for the season !

Hey,
I sure hate that I missed the last day to dive the quarry this year!! Thanks for all that you have done to keep the quarry open for us in the dive community Britt!!!
Maybe one day the Madison Water Board will see the benefit of having divers out there year round. We respect the Quarry and their equipment and we watch over the place because we care about the quarry!! Maybe one day they will see that and will allow you to keep it open all the time. Until then we will help you out with the opening up clean up and so on!! Just give us a yell!! On behalf of the No Name Dive Club-USA.... Again Thanks!!! We look forward to another great dive season next spring at the Madison Quarry!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom