Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John,

Britt previously mentioned that there will be a separate fee ($25 IIRC) to try one of the Optima's. Other than that, you just need to show up with your c-card(s) and sign up to try the gear. Normal entry fees and waivers apply.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

$25 fee to test drive an Optima isn't bad.

For those who are serious and want to really try one.... it's not a bad fee. that and it keeps all the folks who would just try it wasting time all day (not serious) out of the way.

I would pay $25 just to say I finally got to dive a rebreather :D

As of last Saturday (4/24) the temps were 46F below 30ft, 50F above the thermocline (approx 10ft) and slightly warmer at the surface. Bring your drysuit! :)

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Last edited:
All,

If you were planning on attending the Dive Sports Cookout at Madison Quarry on Saturday, 24 April, this event has been canceled due to the (predicted) risk of severe weather. We've got a major thunderstorm cell moving through Madison County Friday night thru Saturday and the local weather guys are already predicting lots of thunder and lightning.

Dive Sports will issue those who paid for this weekend's event a store credit or work something out with you.

Britt will open the quarry on Sunday, 25 April, as a "make up day" for everyone that was hoping to dive. PLEASE NOTE that the Sunday dive will not include the Dive Sports cookout.

I'm planning on diving Sunday. Anyone else? :)

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Britt,

Thanks for opening the quarry on Sunday. The gang had a great time (as always) and we are really looking forward to a great dive season. It also didn't hurt that the rain added at least another 2 inches to the water level.

I told you there was a reason for SUVs... repeat after me... cars are not submarines... ;-)

For those who are interested, surface water temp was 55F, temp at 35ft was 52F and temp at bottom was 48F.

See you next weekend.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Britt,

I saw that you are planning on opening a store in Montgomery. When and where are you looking at?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom