Macro setting for Gopro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might want to check out this web page for using the Gopro Black 3 for closeup work. Info and sample videos.
Thanks for the link. I ordered a set of Macro lenses, Polarizer and the 55-58mm adapter off eBay all for about $25.

With some macro lenses, GoPro Hero 3 BE is capable of decent macro videos

[video=youtube;Px6PzfslfR0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px6PzfslfR0&feature=share[/video]

Very nice.
Which macro lens where you using and what was your camera distance to the subject?

i'm using a Marumi +10 Close Up Lens Stacked with my DIY Macro Lenses. the camera was around 12 cm (4 1/2 in) from the subject.

You had a +10 stacked with other lenses for this shot?

One more thing, did you use an LCD screen to determine when it's in focus (the correct distance)? I've been experimenting a little with some macro lenses I just got and without a LCD to verify, it's a crap shoot. 1 inch to close or to far and its out of focus.

yes i had the +10 stacked with my DIY macro lens. No LCD Screen

Before the plunge, i was experimenting my gear set up in the tub with my Mini Ipad wirelessly sync. the nearest i can get to be in focus is around 4 inches.

with only the +10 close Up Lens, the nearest i can get is around 8 inches.

yes i had the +10 stacked with my DIY macro lens. No LCD Screen

Before the plunge, i was experimenting my gear set up in the tub with my Mini Ipad wirelessly sync. the nearest i can get to be in focus is around 4 inches.

with only the +10 close Up Lens, the nearest i can get is around 8 inches.

Damn it, great idea using the tablet and Wi-Fi to do real-time testing. Thanks, I'll be doing that in my pool tomorrow.
I will try stacking to see how it works. In all I have a +10, +4, +2, +1

Nice video. Especially with stacked diopters.

Macro video is really tough. Not easy getting so close to animal life and keep the camera steady.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom