Mach V Inflator Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mood

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I got my gear out of my diving bag to clean it for fun, and the inflator hose was broken. Im not talking about the LP inflator, im talking about the wing's inflator. The piece that goes inside the tube is broken but the tube is unharmed. Is there anywhere i can find a hose to replace it, installation seems simple. Or do you i need to get a new wing?

Would super glue work :lotsalove:??

I believe you are talking about a broken plastic elbow. That connection consists of 4 plastic parts that screw together. The parts can be purchased here: Dive Rite Air Cells (Wings) for Singles and Doubles These are Dive Rite parts but are the same as is used by many wing manufacturers including Oxycheq. Down towards the bottom of the page you will find the elbow (BC2042) which I believe you are referring to.

I thought you had ID the wing as Oxycheq - my error. In any case, that is probably the right part. Some mfgrs glue (weld) the 2 inner parts to the wing but the elbow with attaching screw should still be the same. Some of the bigger BC mfgrs (Scubapro, Seaquest, etc) use different proprietary parts but most wing mfgrs use these connections.

OK, it was in the tittle that I did not reread.

awap, PERFECT! Exactly whats broken, and it seems it isnt that hard + expensive to fix.. the hose is intact, i just need a new elbow. Ill try gluing the elbow i have at the moment, and try it, i cant wait a few days for the new one to arrive. It seems do-able. Ill try it in the bath tub first though :p...

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom