Can I use my BC inflator with these Octo's or do I need to buy a new hose.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seville

Contributor
Reaction score
I have an older Sea Quest Malabu BCD. The hose that goes to the BCD screws in. I took the manual inflator off the hose and I want to use an Air 2 Octo on it. It kinda fits but I feel like the rubber hose needs to be about 3/4 longer. The hose sleeve goes over the the octo but stops after about a 1/2 and the tube narrows to small to fit something in it. The hose does not allow me to put the octo's very deep inside it. Also on the other octo in the photo, the second hole that connects to the dump valve is drilled up too high and the hose will not go over it.

Do they make some sort of adaptor that will go from the octo with a longer sleeve to a smaller ridged tube that can zip tie to the main rubber hose? I hope it makes sense.

IMG_1760.JPG

If problem is with the large diameter hose, a new hose will more than likely be the cheapest, easiest solution-

Corrugated Hoses

Pirhana or North East Scuba Supply may have them as well.

If the question is about the low pressure hose running to the first stage, they do make adapters that screw on to fit the Air 2 fitting. An Air 2 male fitting is larger than a typical inflator fitting.

Jay

Whilst the occto inflator diameters are one inch
The diameter at the shoulder dump is only 7/8.

@Jayfarmlaw
Why are you even speaking when you have zero idea of what is being spoken
Do you think this is play school if the inflator and hose comes off in his hands

If problem is with the large diameter hose, a new hose will more than likely be the cheapest, easiest solution-

Corrugated Hoses

Pirhana or North East Scuba Supply may have them as well.

If the question is about the low pressure hose running to the first stage, they do make adapters that screw on to fit the Air 2 fitting. An Air 2 male fitting is larger than a typical inflator fitting.

Jay
Hi yes it is the corrugated hose that does not fit. but looking at the hoses in the website. I do not see where it would connect to the actual bcd bladder? I think my aqualung large bcd corrugated hose only has one end with a big tread to connect to the bladder and another opening for the octo. How could I get that to work?

Thanks!

I have an older Sea Quest Malabu BCD. The hose that goes to the BCD screws in.
Could you please post a picture of the bcd's connector where the corrugated hose "screws" in? And measure the diameter of it as well as both end of your corrugated hose.

Humdinger, there it is up there see the huge difference in the photo, 2 1/8 inches and DGX is 1 3/4

Back
Top Bottom