Do I need an adaptor to swap out a ScubaPro inflator hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WillM64

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, all. Just got a Hydros Pro and would like to swap out the inflator hose for a braided one. Does anyone know if I need an adaptor? This is for the standard inflator, NOT the Air II.

Thanks for any help.

No, and if you just use a similar length regular regulator hose (not paying for a LPI hose), you can move the LPI QD fitting to the hose...

If you are buying a complete LPI hose (with the QD), make sure you get the one for SP. There are 3 "standard" LPI fittings (as well as the combo Octo/inflator connectors)....

No, and if you just use a similar length regular regulator hose (not paying for a LPI hose), you can move the LPI QD fitting to the hose...

If you are buying a complete LPI hose (with the QD), make sure you get the one for SP. There are 3 "standard" LPI fittings (as well as the combo Octo/inflator connectors)....

hold on. the qd fitting on the inflator hose comes off and you can just pop it onto any regulator hose? I need to go home and check this out.

For ScubaPro, long ago it was a crimped fitting. The modern ones (unless they again changed) are just a fitting on a standard LP hose...

You can also buy QD fittings by themselves. That is why I have one on a 7' hose that is part of my tire fill setup...

okay, james was typing at the same time!

Fun fact with the DGX adapter I linked to... it's 2 pieces. The LPI adapter is threaded for a first stage... so they just screwed it into an adapter for the second stage end of an LP hose. So if you want to try out a longer hose, and have a couple spare shorter hoses, you can use the first part of the adapter as a hose to hose connector.

I prefer the "XS Scuba" variant with a nice collar to grip....

1642709127071.png

there are others than XS that make them like this....

i am so getting those right now. thanks, guys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom