Mac & Dive Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I am glad I complained--now I know I can fix the tank issue at least. :) I'll go dig around again.

I am interested in that German dive log app, but it doesn't do SAC calculations per the faq. Yeah I can do them myself but I bought a computer so I don't HAVE to do math any more, nor scrawl notes on pages myself. :)

If you are talking about Diving Log 4.0 from Sven (Diving Log 4.0 - Scuba Log, Scuba Logbook, Dive Log, Divelog - Logbook software for scuba diving - Logbuch Software zum Tauchen), it does indeed calculate RMV (and calls it SAC). As long as you enter the start/end pressure, the working pressure of the tank and the profile can determine the average depth, it will calculate it. You can also show a graph over time which is always interesting to look back and see a blip and jump to that dive to see WHY... :D

Well I am glad I complained--now I know I can fix the tank issue at least. :) I'll go dig around again.
Type the name of the new tank you want to add, then click the "..." button to fill in the tank type details (such as capacity, material, working pressure, etc.). I don't use the tank model to indicate, rather simpler capacity names, but I could if I wanted.

smarttrak-tanks.jpg

smarttrak-tanks2.jpg

If you are talking about Diving Log 4.0 from Sven (Diving Log 4.0), it does indeed calculate RMV (and calls it SAC). As long as you enter the start/end pressure, the working pressure of the tank and the profile can determine the average depth, it will calculate it. You can also show a graph over time which is always interesting to look back and see a blip and jump to that dive to see WHY... :D

Yup, it sure does. (And better yet, it pulls all this info directly from SmartTrak... no need to set everything up twice.)

divinglog-profile.jpg

That's cool. I'm positive I read somewhere on the app's site that it DIDN'T do that--but it must have been an old forum post.

I'll check out the custom cylinders too, thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom