M-values and Gradient Factors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Duke, I understand that, and the course mentioned as well wat was the low and high GF , I guess it is how John mention, one decides how willing/risk one want and raise the High GF in order to get out of the water quicker under normal circumstances,

even that the trend is 50/80, I think I will remain in my 45/75

Thanks Duke, I understand that, and the course mentioned as well wat was the low and high GF , I guess it is how John mention, one decides how willing/risk one want and raise the High GF in order to get out of the water quicker under normal circumstances

GF that matters is the "GF current" at a decompression stop. It equals GF low at the first stop, GF high at the surface, and is somewhere in between the rest of the time. On a no-stop dive that collapses to "GF high always" because the surface is the only stop, but on a no-stop dive "getting out of the water quicker" is not an issue anyway.

As I understand it, the current trend in deco diving is to raise GF low to make shallower stops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom