Lynx location transmitter ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDRINK25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How is the location transmitter going to work? Is it going to have to be place on the first stage? How will mark an entrance of a wreck and location of dive boat? Will you have to have Multiple transmitters? I am looking to get one for my wife and I and would love to be able to mark an entrance so will I have to get 3 location transmitters?

How is the location transmitter going to work? Is it going to have to be place on the first stage? How will mark an entrance of a wreck and location of dive boat? Will you have to have Multiple transmitters? I am looking to get one for my wife and I and would love to be able to mark an entrance so will I have to get 3 location transmitters?

The location transmitter can be mounted on a small tripod (which we will offer) or suspended from a rope from a boat (to mark the boat location). It can't be screwed into a 1st stage.

You can have many location transmitters all working at the same time. If you want to simultaneously mark the location of different places, you would need a different transmitter for each location.

Eric Fattah

What if you want to share you location between you and your wife and the boat? Will I need 3 transmitters or just one for the boat. Assuming my wife and I already have the Lynx with AI. I guess I am confused on if the AI will share your location as well as how much air is left and you only have to get the location transmitters if you want to mark a place.

What if you want to share you location between you and your wife and the boat? Will I need 3 transmitters or just one for the boat. Assuming my wife and I already have the Lynx with AI. I guess I am confused on if the AI will share your location as well as how much air is left and you only have to get the location transmitters if you want to mark a place.

The tank (AI) transmitter also transmits location. So you only need a specific 'location' transmitter if you need to mark a location that doesn't have a tank.

Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom