Lynx how is it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ive heard several complaints about liquivision but have not heard one about shearwater. I had a Xeo that had a defect and then had it replaced and the new one killed batteries in a few hours even with the settings set per liquivision recommendation. That being said I will never buy or recommend a Liquivision product again. Good luck.

We dove the Lynx for three days up in Alaska earlier this year. We didn't have the locator function on the ones we were beta testing, but we had the transmitters. They seemed to work extremely well -- I could see Peter's pressure even when he was diving with another buddy and was in other parts of the site. I had some personal comments on the layout of the screen, and when I reported them to the company, I was told they would incorporate an ability to customize the things I wanted to change, which is pretty responsive.

I've been diving Liquivision computers now for about four or five years (can't remember when I got my X1). I like the company. They've had some growing pains and may have released a product or too a bit early, but they've been very responsive to their customers on anything that has turned out to be a problem.

Thanks for the comments the lynx is everything I want so I believe I'm gonna go with it not seen one in person going to south fl in next week gonna check out one down there only thing I'm not sure about by watching YouTube videos only how well does the compass work looks like it has to be very level

O OK so it is the locator function in the YouTube vids that shows it has to be pretty level

On a recent liveaboard trip, where you leave your gear setup for the entire trip, surface rust developed on the transmitter bolt. Its not really feasible to remove and rinse the transmitter when you are doing four dives a day.

Had not been an issue on day trips, when I rinse back at the dive shop.

As of this posting, I have 30 dives on my new LYNX. Have used locator, compass, Multi-diver air integration, and simple personal use. It is an incredible recreational computer. I wore my Oceanic OCS wristwatch style computer for every dive as well. All depths, temperatures, and logged dives, were duplicated accurately.

PROS:
-Compared compass on dives with Suunto SK-7. LYNX integrated compass is accurate from any position and very readable.
-Played a few games with locator. After a small learning curve, like holding the unit level, it worked amazingly well.
-I could read 2 other diver's air pressures from 60 meters away. Didn't have the opportunity to push that distance further, but signal was plenty strong.
-Buddy's gas pressure (starting with 3000 psi) is displayed in green above 1750psi, yellow from 1000-1750, and red below 1000.
-Display is clear and easy to read in various conditions, from 2' viz to night diving to broad daylight in clear water. Super helpful for aging eyes.
-Tapping through functions is quick and easy, even with thick gloves.
-Price is competitive with other wrist mount AI computers. In fact it beats most other wrist mount AI computers straight up on price, yet offers much more. The oLED screen in itself is unbeatable.
-Comes with both wrist band or bungies.
-Never lost a signal from transmitter. Can't say that about other wireless AIs that I've used.
-Liquivision has been a pleasure to deal with. They are helpful, enthusiastic, and brilliant.

CONS:
-As with all wrist mount AI computers, it is expensive and not for everyone.
-Black and white menu screen is hard to read underwater in low viz, high sunlight conditions.
-There have been a couple of bugs (computer wouldn't wake up once, and a locked screen) which were solved with softwear updates.
-No audible alarms.
-PO2 1.4 cannot be changed in Recreational mode.

Overall, it is my favorite dive computer that I have ever used. My business partner and his wife each bought one, and I'm buying one for my wife as well.

Just got mine.
Replaced unreliable vt4.
Only used it in my pool, but love it.
Love the made in Canada!
Next weekend I will have it in the cold, merky lake.
Couldn't see the vt4 in the lake. Always had to press the illuminate button.
It also dropped tx tons in a 20 min dive. Garbage.

Very excited about the lynx. Wasn't excited about the price.

Don't think I can resist this much more got to talk the banker/wife into one hopefully nice birthday gift coming up or might have to treat myself to one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom