Lynx how is it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm torn between lynx and predator I love some of the features of the lynx is what has sold me on it like air int, full color and probably the most important is the buddy features just wondering what kind of "bugs" it may have

This really isn't that hard: if you want a very expensive AI wrist mounted recreational computer with a tap interface and some interesting features that may or may not allow you to navigate/find buddy/track their gas status via echolocation from a massive transmitter, get a Lynx.

If you want the best technical computer on the market and hate the idea of AI, tap interfaces, giant first stage horns, and/or gimmicky features that may be fun for recreational dives but cannot be relied on during a technical dive, buy a Petrel (or a used Predator...I like the Petrel screen better than the Predator's OLED, so no idea why you'd pay more for a new Predator).

If you want a tech computer, feel like spending a lot of money to have to deal with Liquivision, and have a huge hardon for tap interfaces and tiny formfactors, buy an X1 and hope you get better support from Liquivision should something go wrong than the early X1 adopters often got.

I really do like AI its as simple to glace at your wrist if not u have to reach down pull up ur spg take a look then go back on your way a big problem by no means just something to account for the most important is the buddy features my wife is a new diver and being able to watch over her air is sorta piece of mind I guess although I preach to her look often then check it again so simple to prevent out of air emergency. Now as far as the predator goes everyone loves them has no problems and I hear great customer support and a nice used predator is half price of the lynx

Yeah, if you need to touch the spg you're either carrying a lot of deco gas on the left or you're out of trim... should just need glance down.

I'm diving a console now n have it clipped to a retractor on my left shoulder n hate always reaching for it to check depth time and gas

Thinking about buying one just wondering how everyone was liking it

I have about 30 dives on my LYNX and I really like it, I dive in a murky lake most of the time with vis sometimes approaching 0 and it is EASY to see. I have not had any issues with mine but have ask some questions and the people at Liquivision have been very helpful and quick to respond. When I started looking at new computers I looked at several computers that my buddies were diving and narrowed it down to Shearwater and Liquivision, I wanted an OLED screen and AI so I chose the LYNX and I'm happy with my decision.

Hi, you can also buy a uemis! They are brilliant (both literally and figuratively)

Hi, you can also buy a uemis! They are brilliant (both literally and figuratively)

To be fair I was very interested in the UEMIS and almost ordered one. It looks like a very nice computer and I had several email conversations with Hansjoerg but ultimately my decision came down to one thing, I had no way to see one in person and didnt know anyone who had and although the LYNX was new I had dove with a couple of Liquivision computers before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom