Lurked too long, Had to get involved..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Been reading this forum for a while now. Thanks to all of you for your advice in the past, whether or not you knew you were giving it.

I certified in the spring and I'm doing my Advanced next weekend.

I guess you could say that I'm hooked.

(BTW....What is this "reef" thing that I hear about? It seems to be mentioned alot with something called "warm water".)

Welcome to the boards. Reef thing, what is cold water all about?? I am sure that the saying that beauty is in the beholder goes for water temp as well. Or "some like it hot, some like it cold". Me I prefer oh, the bath water temperature is great, but I can dive 70 something as well.
Whatever is your liking just keep on diving.

Bottoms up....Bubbles up!!!
Cindy

Welcome From Rochester N.Y.

I like it warm
I like it cold
I guess I just Like it.

Tavi

Hey there Ontario Diver, glad to see that you've joined us here at the Scubasource family! Tis the best place on the planet to spent a surface interval!

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

Just wanted to say hello

From ARIZONA all beach and no ocean :)

The REEF I believe is a fantasy.

Warm water depends on who you follow :)

I'm a warm water lad myself who happens to be in Toronto at the moment.Where do you dive? Maybe I might like to try it if it's NOT a quarry.Welcome aboard though.
Cheers Big Ears,
The one and only,
Gasman

Hi Ontario Diver from Michigan,

Just got done diving the West Bay of Lake Michigan in Traverse City so I guess this week I like it cold. Off to saltwater this fall.

I just signed on to this scuba board myself. Hope you have a lifetime of wonderful dives.

Laine

This weekend I'm up at Tobermory for a weekend of deep wreck diving. Around Toronto, there is not much. There is the Sliego over in west Humber Bay. You'll have to travel an hour or so for most good dives (and I hope you like wrecks and/or zebra mussels.)

Tobermory is excellent. Kingston is awesome. Penetanguishene is cool but you'll need to charter a boat.

If you want a short trip. there is a wreck off of the shore at Barrie which is an hour north. She is the Morrison which was a wooden paddle wheeler that burned in the late 1800's.

If you need to rent kit, check out http://www.scuba2000.com and their bulletin board. They may also be able to help you find a buddy (I'm on vacation this week so you could give me a call) and may be able to pick out some non-quarry dives. Tell'em Matt sent you. (It will not get you any discount or stuff, but they'll remember when "I" need a favor <G>.

Hey, ON... where in Ontari-ari-o do you hail from?

A former Ontarian here... now living in landlocked Atlanta.

Scuba 2000... isn't that the old Wet Shop in Richmond Hill? I heard they'd changed their name & moved.

TTFN

~SubMariner~

I was born and raised in North Bay....Now I'm living and working in Toronto. (in the D.V.P. and 401 area)

You are right, Scuba2000 is the old Wet Shop. They had to change the name when the four "Wet Shop"'s separated. (The one in Barrie is now called Zero Gravity) They are in Richmond Hill at Hwy 7 and Leslie. They have their own training pool and a large shop. They also have top notch instructors.

As for Atlanta, Two words! "Fado's" and "Buckhead". Gotta love that town. And what, 8 hrs drive to the Keys? Or north to the Carolina's? Way Too Cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom