Lurked too long, Had to get involved..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to know also where are you in Ontario..... I dive in the St Lawrence on a regular basis (just was there on Saturday).

Would like to get to Tobermory, but having trouble rounding up a buddy to go with..... had an invite for the second weekend of August, but will be doing DM work then. I'll keep trying. Do tell how the dives go.

Cold water. Limited vis. But some of the BEST diving & dive times I've ever had. And only about 3 hours from Tranna. I miss it! :(

The Keys are more like 12+ hrs away (unless you have a low-flying licence :wink:) Panama City is about 5-6 hours.

But I miss actually LIVING near water.

Good to see you here.... welcome! :)

~SubMariner~

I was surprised at the fact that it was such a small operation and that everything was soooo expensive.The stock selection wasn't all that flash either.I took a pamphlet on the organised dives and was amazed at all the extra fees.I was also surprised that there are so few dive operations in Toronto.I am hooking up with Divegal on the 23/8 for some dives but don't know if I will have the time to do much more.
I have a contact name of a local dive club and may try them.
Do you really rate the Tobermoray?
Cheers Ears,
The one and only,
Gasman.

(question for those who have experienced British children's television from the 70's... :p)

And welcome to posting, not lurking OD - just don't OD on scuba (actually, I don't think that's possible anyway!)

Lots of reefs and very warm water where I come from.... hehehe

Stay warm up there!
Cheers, Chilly Ears
:)

"Wombling free,the wombles of Wimbelton Common are we...."
Nope,never heard of them....Can you shoot them? When's the season start and how many can you bag?
Cheers Ears,
The Gasman

Somehow I KNEW you'd get that!

How are you, MBKB? Done any cold water diving yet?

(and to continue the song)"....Making good use of the things that we find, things that the everyday folk leave behind...."

Cheers, Womble Ears (do they have ears?)
:p
YLCG

Would have to be TAM Dive down on King Street. Yes, the parking situation is attrocious, but they have some of the best gear selection and training around. And pricing is great!

Take a look at them at:

http://www.tamdive.com/

If you go in, say hi to Mark from Pearce & Cheryl EVERYONE remembers PEARCE! :wink:

~SubMariner~

I'll check them out, I am in the market for a computer and a Reg/Octo set....

I dropped into TAM when I was looking for some training...I ran into some attitude. I don't know if it was just a bad day but the young lad who was their had a bit of "If you're not spending money, why am I talking to you...." (Oh and I was the only customer in the shop!)

S2K looks expensive but they give a lifetime guarantee, give a 15% discount to their dive team, and will even buy back equipment. (oh and free airfills) They have also been around since forever.

However YMMV and it is always worth shopping around.

ON Diver, they may have changed their name, but I know Scuba2K quite well. Email me & we'll discuss it.

~SubMariner~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom